EPISODE 8

Marie woke up feeling like something was wrong somewhere. Apart from the fact that her parents have been apart for sometimes, which they termed ‘taking a little break’ she still felt something was wrong somewhere. She went to school and everything was normal. “I have this feeling that something is going to happen today” she said to her friends.

“Something good or bad” Lilly asked

“It’s a bad omen” she replied “It’s just the same way I felt the day my parents decided to take a break” she added

“Or maybe they’re planning to divorce” Louise said

“Are you crazy? Don’t say a thing like that” Lilly scolded “her parents are not divorcing. Something else might be wrong somewhere, or maybe it’s just a feeling and nothing else”

“Come on girls, let’s go inside. Whatever it is, it’ll reveal itself sooner or later” Marie said

The three got into class and everything was normal, Marie looked around to see if she’d see her friend Caleb, so she could tell him about her weird feelings, but to her dismay, he was not in class. She thought within herself that she’d call him after the first period, to find out why he didn’t come to school. She really wants to hear what he will say about her feelings this morning. Before she became close to Caleb, he was hardly in school. He came to school whenever he felt like. But with her as his friend, she started making him come to school unfailingly.

Throughout classes that day, Marie wondered why she had that strange feeling. Half way during the class, Miss Lara had received a call which made her look pale.

“I’m sorry class, one of us is hospitalized, and is currently unconscious, as you go home, pray that he gets better” she said “Caleb has been hospitalized”. She concluded after a long pause

“Caleb is hospitalized?” Johnny said, laughing “what has he done this time that made him unconscious miss?”

“Are you crazy Johnny? She just said the boy is unconscious and you take it like it’s a joke or something? What are you, an asshole?” Lilly said irritably

“He’s a big fool” Louise concurred

“Language you two, don’t use such language in or outside class” Miss Lara said

“But he’s making fun of the situation” Zane said, to her teacher

“Johnny, I want you to leave this class, and go straight to the hospital. I want you to be the first person from this class to see Caleb. If you don’t, I’ll make sure you get the worst punishment this school has ever given to a pupil.” Miss Lara said to Johnny, looking stern.

“What happened to him, did he just fall down and became unconscious or he was sick” Zane asked

“His grand mum said he was knocked down on his way to school” Miss Lara replied “okay now, you could go see him at the hospital if want to, but I suggest you all go see him” she said to the rest of the class.

“Are you ok, Aura?” Louise asked

“I guess I am” she replied, teary.

“Oh no sweetie you’re not fine, we need to get out of here and go see that boy in the hospital” Lilly said

“But why, why would he be so careless to let a car hit him, why would God allow such a thing to happen to him” Marie said finally, this time in tears

“Come on Aura, God has nothing to do with this, he might have been a little carless, or maybe the driver was the one that drove carelessly. Let’s just go and see how he’s doing” Louise said, trying to console her friend.