EPISODE 6

THE FRIEND WHO CAME REVEALING

There she stood, like an army prepared for combat, shinny like the sun preparing to augment, glittery like a stone that was picked deep beneath the ocean, dressed like a luminary on a red carpet, and all he could hear himself say was ‘Damn, she is fine’.

He walked up to her and words couldn’t find its way out, as he drew closer, he got more scared, and wished he could have the moment for life, that moment that he had the opportunity to see the only angel there is on earth. The closer he approached, the farther she seemed. But he didn’t give up, he kept going. He kept thinking of the right words to use when he eventually gets a glimpse of her face.

“Are you serious right now, Celina Williams? Are you kidding me, why are you dressed like you’re going for a red carpet event or something?” were the words that came out when I eventually got a glimpse of her face

Celina gave him a slap from behind

“That was the most embarrassing thing a guy has ever said to me” she said “I was so embarrassed, to think that I put on that look just for you to notice me”

“I did” Tom said, “I was taken aback a little when I saw it was you. I imagined the person to be someone else”

“You jerk” Celina said

“Oh come on, she’s mad because she thought I was gonna ask her out on a date you know. I wanted to, but back then I was too fly to bring myself to her level, though she was looking hot, and really turned me on to see her that way” Tom said to Tricia

Back then, Tom-Silly had met on Tricia’s birthday party, where they had the chance to dance together. Tom was among the big boys on campus and had any girl he wanted, at anytime. While Celina on the other hand, was not that popular.

He had asked her to dance with him with the intention that she’d end up waking up from his bed the next morning, but got to find out that she’s not like the other girls; she seemed churchy and a type that wouldn’t want anything to do with any guy, talk less of her ending up on his bed. He tried all the moves with her that day, but none of them worked. Since then he started noticing her in school, and whenever their path crossed, they exchanged greetings.

Celina knew he was trying to get her to bed at the party zone, and as much as she wanted to wake up next to him the following morning, she preferred to do it as a girlfriend and not as a call girl. So she did all she could not to fall into his charms that night.

She liked him but he showed no interest, she did all she could to make him notice him, which led to her dressing up all sexy that day.

“How come you never told me this story” Tricia asked

Tricia and Celina were once best of friends, until Karen came into the picture. Tricia never liked Karen because of her attitude, and started hanging out less with Celina because since Karen moved to their department, she started hanging out more with her. But Celina felt she could have the two of them as friends, even when the two despised themselves that much. Tricia dropped out of school to get married, and since then she didn’t keep in touch with her friend Celina again.