☜︎ f i v e ☞︎

Lyrics cause im lazy

A l e x

And im writing this eh

Never in all her life - not even enduring a particularly tense meal with the nobles and royalty of Meya - had Alex experienced something like this. Aedion's birthday banquet was held in a hall that could easily fit both Akarnae dorm halls inside, with the Arena stacked on top. It seemed the Fae spared no expense in their celebrations, judging by the pure lavishness of everything, from the gold accented plates to the constant entertainment to the finery of their clothes.

Despite their obvious similarities to Meyarins, Alex felt these Fae were more free. Of what, she wasn't sure, but Aelin's short, bitter summary of Erilea's own war years ago might have been the weight lifted from their shoulders. Alex did feel a bit downhearted at how the impact of the war was still visible within the Queen's kingdom, she supposed some part of her wished that Medora would heal quickly, the blemishes of the battle faded away and a new beginning made.

Some things in your past just can't be forgotten, she thought, a small smile twisting her lips as Aelin and her friends told their stories. They faltered at some parts though, parts where Alex knew where there were gory bits, battles and pain. She couldn't bring herself to tell them that she'd experienced her fair share of those troubled times, and chose to focus on something else. Her eyes flitted from the lavishly dressed juggler to the band in the black and white, skimming over the nobles at the gigantic table shaped like a sharper, more square like horseshoe.

She scanned over the people twice more, she really couldn't help when her battle reflexes kicked in, a room like this was begging to be attacked, reminding her of Sir Oswald's party. She finally noticed a missing presence - Alexsander. Alex turned to Aelin with a slight frown, still analysing the people of the party.

"Aelin, where's Sams—Alexsander?"

The Queen grinned at her. "Chopped him up and sent him off."

Alex's hard gaze didn't waver, though something in her believed Aelin a tiny bit from the feral grin dancing on her face.

"Oh, you're no fun, Lexi—"

Alex flinched at that too. Little human, Lexi, what was next, Kitten? Morosely, she searched her memories for the last time she'd seen Evie, and stomach lurched in dismay when she found she couldn't remember.

Aelin continued to prattle along, "He said something about being sick, apparently our food is too 'good' for him."

Alex barely contained a less-than polite snort with her hand, thinking back to when she'd first tried the food of Meyarins. Her taste buds had been overwhelmed, but with the constant need to eat, and consuming the healing flower, she was more than used to rich food.

"Lady Alex, why don't you tell us about something from - ahem, Medora." Lysandra, the pretty lady sitting beside Aedion tilted her head, her dark locks spilling over the puffy sleeves of her dress.

"Just Alex, please," she smiled warmly. She felt reluctant to tell them of Medora, although it brought up many happy memories, they were all matched with sad ones.

"Well, I guess the best place to start is with my journey to Medora,"

o o o

"And then the nasty little—"

"LANGUAGE!" howled Lysandra suddenly, startling a red haired girl beside her.

"She pushed me into the fountain,"

"Of course, I was met with a creepy perv, then by two of my best friends,"