Chapter 3

Today, Bella goes to hang out with Jacob while I stay home with dad, watching hockey. Paul is patrolling around outside so I feel a lot safer. The Cullens are searching around for any type of scent they can that they don't recognize. I stand up from the couch when I hear the screeching halt of a car outside. I walk to the door and slowly open it, glancing around.

Edward gets out of his Volvo and walks as fast as 'humanly' possible straight toward Jacob who is getting out of his car. Bella steps out as well but she's holding her hand. I raise an eyebrow and walk down the front porch steps.

"Not here, Edward. Please" Bella begs.

"If you ever touch her again her will again..." He starts.

"Don't do this." Bella begs again.

"She's not sure what she wants." Jacob snaps at him.

I walk over toward them.

"Guys, what's going on?"

They ignore me and stand almost chest to chest.

"Don't do this." Bella tries to pull them away with one hand.

"Well, let me give you a clue." Edward growls.

"Wait for her to say the words." Jacob glares at him.

"Fine. And she will." Edward steps toward him again.

"Dad!" I call out, loudly.

"Jacob. Just go. Okay." Bella tries pushing on his arm.

Dad walks out of the house to see the face-off in front of us. He runs down the stairs and over to the boys.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey..." Dad puts his arms between them and tries to pull them away. "Easy, guys. Easy! Let's take it down a notch."

They step back when dad pulls them apart but the four of us know they could stay there.

"Alright? What's going on?" Dad asks, watching them.

"I kissed Bella...And she broke her hand." Jacob glances at dad. "Punching my face."

My dad glares at Jacob.

"Why would you kiss her when you know she is with Edward?" Dad asks, but when Jacob goes to respond, Dad shakes his head. "Just leave, Jacob. Go home."

Jacob scuffs and shakes his head. He walks over to his car and speeds off after getting inside.

"I'll take Bella to my house to have Carlisle take a look at her hand." Edward says, staring at Jacob's speeding car.

"Thank you, Edward." Dad nods.

"Can I go too, Dad?" I look up at him.

"Sure, baby. The game is over. We lost." He sighs.

I sigh angrily before walking over to Edward's Volvo. Edward drives us as quickly as he can to the Cullen house. I run inside and wrap my arms around Jasper's waist. He looks down at me and smiles.