Chapter 1

*Chapter 1*

"I'm home!" I yell out once I walk through the door. I'm greeted by the sound of my dog, Roxxie, barking and padding across the floor, running towards me. I drop my backpack on the floor.

"Hey! What took?" Jay Wilds calls out to me. Jay Wilds is one of the biggest celebrities of all time. Everyone knows his name, and they probably always will. He's like, Micheal Jackson. Seriously. Except, a teenage version. The boys beautiful. He has big, blue eyes that are easy to get lost in, and that hair quiff thing that drives every teenage girl insane. He's been in tons of movies and TV shows, and should be rich as hell. Jay is practically God or something to the average attractive-actor-obsessed teenager.

Him and I have known each other since the first day of preschool. Jay is like family. He's currently taking a break from fame due to the fact he's lost most of his fortune and the media is all over him, and his hideout just happens to be my basement.

Jay runs up to me and hugs me like he hasn't seen me in years. I scream a little, which just causes him to get an idea. He lifts me up and swings me around, making me burst out in laughter.

We have the weirdest friendship, but I love it.

Roxxie finally makes it over to the door and jumps up on Jay. He almost falls over. Roxxie is a huge dog. Like, HUGE. She's a mix of a Great Dane and a German Shepard, so that girl is one big doggie.

"Sorry, saw some graffiti on Main Street. It's so gorgeous, you should've seen it..."

Jay rolls his eyes and laughs aloud at me. I shrug and head the the kitchen to grab some food. I'm 17, and Jay's 18, meaning he's old enough to be a "legal guardian." My parents got a job offer in South Dakota a few months ago, and they took it. But because I didn't want to go, they agreed to leave me here with Jay. They know him well, and he's a very trustable person. Additionally, my aunt only lives a few blocks awar from us and comes by to check up on us every once in a while. But it's always fun, living with my best friend.

Besides Sierra, of course.

Sierra usually ends up spending a lot of time here, too. We've all known each other since longer than we can remember, the three of us.

"What did it look like?" Jay asks as I take a bite of a potato chip.

"Gorgeous. It's hard to explain it, really. It looked like people, but they were blended together. One second they looked like people, the next something like flowers."

"Sounds interesting." Jay takes one of my potato chips, making me smack his hand.

"My food." I hiss.

"Fine, fine." He walks out of the kitchen and plops down on the couch, turning on the TV.

I head off to the outhouse, which is in the backyard. It's like an art studio, special for me. I just like painting and drawing. Emotions are easier to express in colors.

I have a canvas out already, which has a picture of Sierra, Jay, and I printed on it. It's from 3 weeks ago, when we went ice-skating. Ohmigod, it was so funny. In the picture, we're all jumping in the air, our hands intertwined. I'm in the middle, with a grin on my face. Sierra has laughter in her eyes, because at the time she had been cracking up. God only knows why. Jay had a funny look on his face. He was shocked, yet happy. Sierra and I practically had to force him to go. He had been mortified of the paparazzi. Jay even wore a disguise when we walked in and out, but it had been so empty there that he didn't even need to wear it inside. Usually he did, so that's why I like this picture so much.

I made it my own, however. With paint splatters.

The picture printed on the canvas in black and white has paint splatters all over it. Blues, greens, pinks, reds, yellows, purples. The list goes on and on. It's eye-catching.