𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓸: 𝓛𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓻

✦    

✦     .      ⁺   .⁺   ★    ˚
.  *     ✦     .      ⁺  
★ 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓸 ★
.  ★   ⁺        ⁺           ✦     .      ⁺  
.⁺   ★    ˚  ✦     .      ⁺

----------------

Y/N assumed the rest of her nights were going to be normal, seeing as that explosive boy didn't show up the next day.
However, just when she was getting her hopes up about her crying spot supremacy, she heard the crunching of the mulch as she lied inside the yellow plastic slide.

Instead of bursting into tears like a baby, as she recalled, the boy from the other night instead just stuck his head into the tube to see her tear-streaked face once more.
"Ugh," he groaned, rolling his eyes at the sight, "you're here."
Crossing her arms and using her feet to keep her in position, Y/N too rolled her eyes.
"I told you I come her all the time. It's my spot."
Now that the rain puddle was gone, he sat more on the lip of the slide where someone would emerge.

He sat criss-crossed, facing her as she felt her own face beg for more time to release the buildup of its emotions.
"I didn't think you were fucking serious," he scoffed, "what kind of loser comes to a playground every night just to cry?"
"This kind of loser," her voice quivered, "and if you're just here to make fun of me then you can leave."
He let a breath, one she noticed was shaky, the exact kind of someone ready to bawl.

He didn't move from his spot and instead just lied on his back, his legs hanging over the side.
His neck was lying there uncomfortably, but he didn't really care.
Y/N watched him shield his face using his hands and keeping any sounds to a minimum.
"Whatever," she mumbled, turning her head away from him. Squeezing her fists, the pressured tremble of the skin below her eyes became troubling.
Sniffling, Y/N continued what she had always been doing, trying to ignore the thought that someone was listening.

That lingering presence, however, was hard to ignore when they were anything but silent.
"Geez! Get a hold of yourself!"
He slammed his fists onto the plastic, making the entire slide shake. "You'reso fucking pitiful!"
Turning back to him, she slapped her own hand against the slide, not making any sort of tremor.
"I said leave if all you're going to do is talk shit! Why are you even here?!"

He didn't answer directly. Instead, he just slammed his feet against the slide again, shaking the inside to the point where she lost her own footing.
"Crap!"
Her body tumbled down the slide, making her slam up against him, her head falling into his lap.
"Sorr-"
"Get the fuck off me!" He shouted, hands sparkling as he grabbed Y/N by the shirt and threw her over the side and onto the ground.
"What the hell is wrong with you!" She shouted back, standing up with more tears falling from her eyes.

Y/N began to kick her foot at him, making him try to protect himself using his hands, but the rough punch of her shoes did begin to hurt.
"Stop it!"
"Leave my spot!"
"Stop kicking me!"
"Leave, asshole!"
Now, actually looking like two children on a playground, she finally got a taste of his built up emotions in the form of pain instead of tears.

"Stop it!" He yelled, creating a small explosion that blew her back into the fence, sending a haunting chill up her spine accompanying the sharp pain that had pierced her skin.
Y/N, he observed, stopped protesting. She sat there against the fence, hands dug into the ground. Her face was down, but he could clearly see the tear drops that fell into her lap.

He didn't know what to do. If he had actually hurt her, it wouldn't have ended pretty for him. A little part of him cared and knew he couldn't just leave here there.
He stepped down from the slide and began to slowly approach her, hearing her sobs become louder.
"Hey," he spoke gently, "stop crying."
Holding a handful of mulch, she threw it at him, startling him to say the least.
"The fuck—stop crying," he demanded, his voice getting louder.
Y/N tucked up her legs, grabbing another handful of mulch to throw. It only landed at his feet, but still agitated him at he continued to approach her.

"You're being—you're acting like a kid! Stop crying!"
Once she determined he was too close, she threw two handfuls at him, crying louder.
"Get away from me!" She screamed, "get away!"
Y/N's voice revealed just how petrified she was.
He groaned as he wiped away the mulch that stuck to his clothes.
"Hey-" he started softly again, "I-just—I'll leave."

So he left, leaving Y/N to continue crying alone. The noise of her sobs echoing throughout the playground was a common sound, so much that she had become numb to it.