Chapter 12

Despite her freak out over realising that Adrien was Chat Noir, Marinette slept exceedingly well. Perhaps it was because she no longer had to choose between her partner and the boy who had captured her heart all those years ago in the rain, or maybe it was the simple fact that she was so overwhelmed by the information she had practically passed out. Either way, she was packed and ready waiting for Adrien to come and pick her up. Standing at her balcony she watched as students scurried their way to various schools. It felt a little naughty skipping out school, even with permission. There would be so many exams in the next two weeks, but Marinette didn't want to think about them this weekend.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Tikki asked, sitting on the railing Marinette was leaning on.

"Surprising calm." She answered, giving a broad smile to her Kwami. "I was so afraid of what might happen if I fell in love with Chat that I never opened my eyes to the fact that he had been the same boy in front of me all along. I feel so stupid for hiding our identities for so long." She laughed, shaking her head. Just thinking about Adrien and Chat being the same person made her heart skip a beat, but in the best kind of way.

"You had your reasons Marinette. You wanted to protect Chat the way he had always protected you." Marinette nodded. She had never told Chat the whole truth about what happened the day Bunnix took her to that strange cold future. She knew it would have hurt him deeply to have known that he had fought against her, no matter what the reason was behind it. Knowing now that Adrien was Chat, it made her heart clench even more. Bunnix had said to her at the time that there was a time for everything and Marinette hoped that this now was that right time. While she still had the nightmares sometimes of those pained icy blue eyes, she believed with all her heart that it would never happen again. She would make sure it didn't.

Looking down to the road below, Marinette saw Adrien's car pull up at the front door, his mop of blonde hair catching the early morning light and her heart sped up. She was spending the whole weekend with him. There was going to be no turning back now. She wanted him, all of him and she knew that he wanted that too. Things were never going to be the same again after this.

Running down the stairs with her pink weekend bag, her heart melted at the sunshine smile on his face when he saw her. "Aww, the Princess didn't need her Prince to wake her up this morning." He teased, almost sounding disappointed. Marientte whined at the sound of her parents giggling behind him as they walked into the shop. Adrien took her bag from her to carry and kissed her on the cheek.

"You're never going to let me forget that are you?" Adrien's smile broadened into a very Chat like grin.

"Nope." He laughed at her pout." I like the idea that you were dreaming about me as your Prince." Oh, Marinette thought, is that how it is? Well two can play at that game. She stepped closer to him, coyly biting her lip. Adrien's eyes widened and his pulse raced. This wasn't her usual lip biting when she was blushing or concentrating on something. Marinette's eyes instead flashed with mischief.

"Maybe I don't need a Prince." She said raising up onto her toes and fanning her hand on his chest as she reached up to his ear. She could feel his heart racing under her fingers, just like that day at the park. Adrien's breath caught in his throat when he smelled her hair as it brushed his face, cinnamon and vanilla, it was her scent, it was Ladybug's scent and it was making him weak at the knees. "Maybe I need a hero, a dark knight." She whispered. Marinette rolled back onto her feet and looked up at him through her lashes. Adrien swallowed hard trying to steady his breathing. Does that mean she knew? He'd tossed and turned all night wondering how he was ever going to get through this weekend knowing she was going to be sleeping in the next room. He had to tell her who he was, he just needed the right time, but it wouldn't surprise him if she had already figured it out.