[ twenty-four ]

Baek Ha Rim

my partner, shin ah, and i finally arrived outside the door of our room. excitedly, she took out the key card and unlocked our door using it.

bracing ourselves, we turned on the lights and walked inside our very own hotel room. once again, we were stunned by how luxurious everything was. the bedroom was spacious for just two people and we had our own separate beds. it was beautiful inside and very modern.

"heol, it smells so good inside! i love the smell of fresh linen!" shin ah exclaimed as she walked in.

inside the room, there were two couches at the side as well as a round table. in front of our beds, there was a flatscreen tv and a long table below it where we could place our belongings. the lamps were also beautiful and brightened up the room even more. the room had carpet flooring and there was a fluffy rug with two pairs of slippers on top for us to use.

shin ah decided to go to the bathroom to see how it looked like. just as i had expected, she was also amazed by how wide and well-maintained the facilities were.

"woah, they even provide a hair dryer?!" shin ah exclaimed.

i walked towards the bathroom to see for myself. there was a vent in the bathroom to keep it smelling fresh, and it also had more scented candles which we could light inside.

"ha rim-ah, i'm gonna try bathing in the bath tub tonight!"

"sure." i nodded.

i looked around and saw myself in the mirror. looking below the sink, i noticed that there was a drawer. opening it, there were soft and clean towels and bathrobes inside. inside the shower, there was also a shelf containing tubes of body soap, shampoo, and conditioner.

"i finally understand what sets these hotels apart from the usual ones. even the bathroom looks like a complete room itself. i feel like i could live in there and be thankful already."

i smiled at shin ah's statement. well, she was right. we got back to our bedroom and i decided to open the curtains for us so we could see the view outside.

"i'll start unpacking. by the way, what are you wearing tonight to our anniversary celebration?" shin ah asked with a smile as she started opening up her luggage.

"a black dress." i replied shortly.

"what? come on, you were there when we talked about wearing white for tonight. why did you break the dress code now?" she pouted.

"it's okay, you guys can stand out on your own." i said, walking towards my luggage to start unpacking as well.

"no way? or did you try to be the one to stand out from our group this time knowing that we were gonna wear white?"

"i'm not really concerned with that. you can have chae hyungwon for yourselves. i have better things to do."

suddenly, i realized the irony in my statement. they can't have chae hyungwon at all if my plans were also involving him.

"or not." i muttered.

"what did you say?" shin ah caught on.

"nothing. anyway, i'll hang out with those wearing black so that you won't even recognize my presence later." i shrugged.

"oh well, just do whatever you want. it's not like we're that bothered if you wear a different color from us..."

"okay. well, i think i'm going to walk around and explore the hotel now." i said, locking my luggage and finishing up.