Chapter 7

It's been two weeks now. Tharn has been staying with me. It feels good even though things are not the way they were earlier, still it's better than nothing. Sometimes, I am worried as I have to come to work and Tharn stays alone in my condo. I am worried. I pray every day he doesn't take any drastic step.

I get to see him before I leave for work and after I reach home. I see his smiling face. Even though the eyes are sad, he still makes an attempt to smile. That's enough for me. Only, I wish I could see him happy like he used to be. Why did things have to be so messed up?

I got his favorite guitar for him, so that he could start practicing and ease his nerves. I made him promise to play me song every night when I return from home. It soothes me, and also, I guess, him!

P'Thorn has been talking to me every other day to know how Tharn is doing. Coz, Tharn wouldn't be able to update him well. I am glad P'Thorn has somehow happy that Tharn has started to normalize his life. He does want him back on his track, join back their business. He misses Tharn's advices. Lucky him. He has such a wonderful, supportive brother. Here I am—having a nincompoop for a sibling. I wish I had a gorilla for a brother, at least he would understand me better. I have heard, they are cool with gays. Sigh.

Well, today I bought this bouquet of flowers for Tharn. My vase at home has been lying alone ever since I got it as a gift from my Aunt on New Year. I hope this could cheer him up. Techno is with me. Even though we work for different organizations, his office is nearby and he often accompanies me during the weekends to my condo. And then, we'd go out to kill time. But now, since I am diligently going back home, with a glow on my face and flowers in my hand, he keeps teasing me.

"Ai'No...one more word, and I am gonna kick your sorry ass right now." I warned him.

He lifted his hands in surrender, giving that puppy look. Stupid. I could never get angry with him. He is my best friend, the only friend who stuck around when there was no one. And Champ, of course. But I am closer to 'No. His brother, Technic, I must tell you, is another antique. But he respects me, unlike he does for his brother. I like that kid. He hangs around me like a younger brother. Even though, they have lived their entire life without having to spend time with their parents, they have always been a family to me. Especially, after my parents' demise and my brother's tantrums.

Oh I forgot to mention, my brother told me that If I return to the normal side, he would be happy to acknowledge me. Like I need it.

I was about to reach my condo, a known silhouette caught my eye. My brother was sobbing near the stairs. Why should I bother? He never did. But. Still. He is my brother. The only family left. Techno was staring at me, waiting for my next action. I looked at him, he was as surprised as I was. He nodded. I handed him the bouquet and walked up to my brother.

"P'Zan?" I shook his shoulders. He looked up to me. His hair was scattered, his eyes were red and he was dead drunk. He held my arms and started crying again.

"P'Zan? What's wrong, P?" I was worried.

"She....left me...Ty..." He fainted.

Shit.

Now I have to carry him all the way up to fourth floor. What the hell? Who left him? His wife? I had so many questions running in my head. Techno nudged towards me. I nodded and picked my brother placed him on my back and carried him till my condo. Luckily, the lift was working today, which saved me from suffering the trauma of using stairs and since it's the weekend, the condo was almost empty. I knocked the door, and a smiling Tharn opened the door. How unfortunate, I could not even embark on the light of that smile.

Tharn was confused. When I placed my brother on the couch, he realized who that guy was. I brought some water and sprayed on my brother. I tried to wake him up. After some struggle, he became conscious and started to cry again. I wonder I should name my condo as "Shelter for broken hearts". Sigh.