Chapter 6. The Encounters

not edited

Sighing, I stepped out of the water, feeling the cold brush against my skin, sending goosebumps up my arms.  I walked in front of the circle mirror that hung over the sink, staring at myself. I frowned, feeling a sudden need for my parents. Would they be proud of who I grew up to be while they were gone? Would they be emabarrassed of me, like how my grandmother was? Would they have given me away as easily as she did?

I shook my head. I didn't have time to ponder on questions that I'd never recieve answers on. I wrapped a red towel around my body, and opened the door to get some clothes. I opened the door, walking out and looking for my bags that oh so nicely flung on the floor. 

I quickly grasped my pink lace bra, followed by thong, and dressed myself.

Dalton's POV***

"What do you think?" Gavin asked, placing his hands on the table and hunching over. We'd been discussing battle tactics. Things with our pack used to run so smoothly, but ever since I've been Alpha, we've become a great target to other packs around the world.  

"It'll do for now. Make sure to let Kaz know these plans and she'll begin to train the juniors." I replied shortly. Kaz was in charge of the training system for our younger werewolves. She was the only thing Gavin and I had to family, and we'd grown up with her since we were young.

"No prob," He said nonchalantly.

"And go check in on Carter," I demanded. Gavin sighed helplessly as he reached for the door.

"Why can't you do that?" He whined. I growled low in my throat, causing him to lightly arch his head to the side.

"You know why," I growled. He crossed his arms in a childish mannor.

"She's going to figure it out one way or another. If you just told her-" 

I snarled, marching up to him with speed, and grasping his collar. His eyes narrowed into angry slits. He is my younger brother, but in the end, I'm the Alpha, and he will obey me. 

"You know perfectly well what happens when you tell someone what I am. I'll have you killed if you tell her," I snarled, low and deep, making sure he understood.

He nodded and I released him so he could scurry out of my office. I took a deep breath.

[We are not going to last long now that she's living with us] My wolf interjected. I groaned in frustration, pinching the bridge of my nose.

[I'm doing my best, ok?] I snarled in annoyance.

[This time, our best won't be enough]

I frowned, walking out of my office. I began to walk up the stairs, and to the right of the cat walk, and up the stairs. I needed to talk with Carter. She had to understand the rules now. I've been more than patient what with her and her disrepectful attitude towards me. She doesn't understand. I'm the dominant. 

I found myself stopped at her door, which was lightly propped open. I couldn't help but stare through the tiny creak, only to see her standing with her back towards me, clipping on a light pink lacey bra. Immediately, my wolf began to growl in lust. She quickly reached to the side for a loose grey shirt, and shrugged it on with ease. I took a step back, sighing deeply.

I quickly knocked on the door.

"Hm?" She called from inside.

"Open the door. Now." 

Carter's POV***

Tremors of shock poured down my spine as I realized that was Dalton's voice. Irked, I awkwardly walked to the door, and opened it to see him standing there. I gulped, taking in his appearance.