Chapter 29: Part 2

Before she knew it, Saturday had come.

December hadn't received any calls from Zach, saved for a text which said he was sorry he couldn't meet with her because of his work. She was dejected. She thought to call him afterwards but decided otherwise. The only text she sent him after he replied was for him to stay hydrated (always), and not forgetting to get enough sleep and food.

Zach only replied with a muscle and a blushing face emoji.

"Hey, come on. Wipe that sad look off your face." Raven patted her back.

It was eight in the morning and as far as everyone was concerned, they were the only ones who would be up early on a Saturday. They were getting ready in Brooke and Serena's room because Brooke wanted to play dress up which she claimed there would be a theme, and she was still showering. Raven was already dressed in blue jeans and a blouse, but it was only a matter of time until Brooke insisted on another outfit.

Why she was so adamant on following a certain dress code? Brooke only told them this:

"Because today is special! We have to be in the right mood for it."

There was something insistent in her tone that eventually made them acquiesced to Brooke's whims. December could also agree on at least one thing with her friend: there was something brewing in the air that Saturday morning; light and airy, and if she could name the feeling she felt in taste buds, then she would name it sweet.

It was an out of place feeling, but somehow it gave a promise that nothing would dampen her spirit.

Special...yes, she could go with that.

"I know. I'm just...worried. We'd text often and...I guess I'm just at that stage where I can't be apart from him. Ugh, that sounds annoying." December groaned at the last, messing her still damp hair with her hands.

Serena was at the dressing table, curling her locks when she heard that. Chuckling lightly, she turned and said, "I know how that feels. But you know, it's understandable that you just can't help it. Being over the moon with someone you really like, wanting to know what they're up to, and getting antsy when they don't reply you..." She sighed in a bliss of remembrance, adding, "It's all part of the attraction. It may seem annoying but December, what you feel for him is still significant."

Raven turned to Serena. "So that's what it feels like between you and Weston?"

"Pretty much." Serena nodded before adding, "And I'm sure he really wants to talk to you but is too busy."

Raven nodding in agreement before poking her shoulder. "Yes, D. So just...think about our girls' day out today. No boys, no problems, just us having fun." She smiled at December.

December was quiet for a moment. They made sense, as always. She couldn't keep thinking about Zach and moaned about how he wasn't paying attention to her. There were a lot of things she could do and focus instead of moping around.

December mustered a smile, feeling herself slowly perking up before saying, "You're right, thanks guys." She then added, "I am excited for today actually."

"No problem." Raven smiled. "I don't wear dresses that much but I'd be damned if I don't make this year one of the best."

Serena chimed in. "Count me in too. Shopping for prom? I've been waiting for three years! I hope we can find our dresses today."

December hummed in assent. "We've scoured the types that we want and there's about seven stores in town. I don't know what I'll do if I can't find it."

The door to the bathroom opened then closed, and they turned to Brooke who was chuckling.

"Ladies, no need to worry. If we can't find it, then we'll just have it custom made."