Part 1

My phone lits up indicating that someone has texted. I walked my way to picked up my phone on the desk beside my bed. I lifted up my phone and open the newly arrived message and my best friend's name popped up on the screen 'Are you on your way na ba sa party?' Asked my friend.

I texted back saying 'Still at my house preparin'. I put down my phone as I looked up to the round mirror across me. I did not put on heavy make up just enough to highlight the features of my face. I wore a long fitted black dress with a slit on the side. My hair was pulled back into a bun. My mom bought this dress for me. At first, I hesitated to wear this because I'm against the idea of any daring clothes but mom was too adamant to make me wear it.

I took a last look at myself in the mirror. Feeling satisfied, I headed out of my room. As I walk through our grand staircase I heard my mom laughed, she's probably talking to someone. As I've thought, she is talking to someone. Standing right next to him is a middle-aged man with a smile plastered on his face. I smiled at him genuinely.

"What took you so long?" My mom remarks as I kiss her on her cheeks.

"Is she your daughter?" The man asked and I faced him.

" Ah! Yes! My one and only. Alliyah meets Atty. Malvar." I felt my heart sank, but I don't let it show.

"Nice meeting you Miss Alliyah." he offered his hand towards me as I held it politely.

"Nice meeting you too Attorney." even though I tried to sound casual I still heard a hint of bitterness in my own voice. He released my hand.

"Mom I need to go, I'm already late," I said, looking at my wristwatch.

"Okay, ipapahanda ko na ang sasakyan Mang-" I cut her off.

" No need mom, I'll drive myself"

"Are you sure?" She inquired.

"Yes. I can manage, besides I might go home late."

"Alright, you go and have fun."

" I will."

After bidding my mom goodbye I headed to my car. I sat there for a while. Atty. Malvar huh? So the divorce is really on. 7 years ago we migrated to the US. We live our life there, my mom is a doctor while my dad is a businessman. Those years were tough, oftentimes they'd fight. Until one day, my mom caught my dad with another girl, all along he's cheating on my mom. That's her downfall. The funny thing is, my dad still has the urge to ask for a divorce. Knowing my mom, even tho it's not what she wants, even tho she still wants to save their marriage, she can't. No matter how badly she wants to refuse that divorce, she knows she just can't. Her other half had already given up to her, it's no use. I guess love is not for everybody, otherwise, it's heartbreak.

I snapped out of my thought when my phone rings. I look at the screen, it's no other than Andra.

"Yes?"

"Where the hell are you?" She sounds frustrated.

"I'm already on my way, I'll be there in a bit," I said then hang up.

I took a deep breath then drove my car to Palacio de Fierra.

Is he gonna be there?

__________

"Have a blast night ahead Ma'am!" The receptionist greeted.

I politely nodded at her. Aware that tonight might be something. As they open the main door for me, my eyes scanned the entire hall. Everything is so majestic from the chandelier to the carpet and walls. It's undeniable that the decorations are highly elegant. They did a great job to pull this up. As my eyes wander at the sea of people and something caught my attention on the other side of the room. Our eyes met. He's here.

I glanced away. I can feel my heart throbbing against my ribcage and my palm dampens. I stilled and calmed myself. Perhaps the long years of working on my self-control were paying off. I'm already aware of somebody's staring at me. So I hurried towards the crowd and searched for my best friend.

"Alliyah."

Someone called my name behind my back. I knew the owner of that voice and I can't be mistaken. I slowly turn around and the boy who first broke my heart came to my view. He looked a bit different from the last time I saw him. From his tousled black hair, his thick eyebrows, his almond eyes, and pointed nose down to his jawline. His shoulders are now broader than it was before. The boy who I had loved once.

"Can we talk?" He said, looking uneasy. "We are talking," I said and smiled. Trying my best to hide my emotions beneath them.

"How are you? It's been a long time since we, you know, talk." He said. "Oh yes, I remember. And it didn't quite end well." I said, sounding bitter.

"Are you still mad at me?" He said.

"Why would I be mad at you?" I retorted, arching a brow.

"I'm sorry." He trailed off.

Ha! If sorry can unbreak what was already broken then I bet everyone will be happy by now.

And then the loud music enveloped the whole vicinity that signals the dancefloor is now open. As I looked around, some of them are walking towards the dancefloor by pairs.

"Can I dance with you?" He said as my attention was all on him again. I was about to decline when he held my hand and drag me to the dancefloor.

"What are you doing?" I hissed at him but he just shrugged his shoulders and snaked his one arm around my waist and pulled me close as we swayed to the music.

"I am dancing with you," he said, stating what's obvious. My body stiffened by his touch and closeness to me.

"And not with any of my permission," I said as I glared at him.

"As I can see, you did not protest." He gave me a lopsided smile.

"Because you use force on me!" I yelled at him and the latter just laugh.

"You are really cute when you're pissed." He said, clearly not listening to what I have said.

"Are you flirting with me? Just to be clear I am over you." I gave him a dagger look. And for a moment I saw the hurt in his eyes then smiled at me.
Then the music shift from mellow to rock. And then the crowd gone wild, parting me from him. But before that, I heard him once again.

"Then I'll make you fall in love with me again."