☂ F O U R ☂

| A S H T O N |

|fifth period.|

|history [of Australia and Sydney]|

I heard Mr. Sutton's mumbling a droning on an on. I couldn't tell if I had drew on the desk, or my homework. I fumbled for the sleeves of my jumper, pulling them up to hide the cuts. I felt a tap.

"Ashton, it's me, Annika." A girl whispered.

I nodded as if agreeing with Mr. Sutton.

"What happened between you and Luke? People are saying he likes you. What's up?"

I shook my head. "He just almost got yelled at by his mum and I was alone. He grabbed me and we ran for somewhere." I whispered.
"Okay, just, he seems like- he likes you, ya' know?"
"Well he doesn't, what does a supposed 'rebel' do with a blind kid?"

"Ash, you and I know goddamn well you're more than blind. You have special powers." She giggled.
I smiled. Superpowers.

Maybe I can be a hero too.

~

| L U K E |
In sixth period, I met the jocks. He smirked. "There's a momma's boy!" Somebody whispered. I groaned on the inside, and sat down in my assigned seat. "You hiding, gay?" A cheerleader snickered.

I stood up slamming my chair into the desk. I grabbed my binder. "Say that again, b**ch. Say it. I dare you. Are you homophobic? Because I can fix that." I said getting in her face. Our noses touched. She touched my lips. "Maybe I am." She whispered.
I almost hit her.

"Your a lesbian, I know that. I saw you making out with that short chick. Don't lie, skinny." I growled.

She almost kissed my lips. But I backed up and took a far seat in the back. I sat down aggressively. Then a boy with brown hair and a blonde streak sat next to me.

"Wow, you seemed pissed off. Like really pissed off." He said looking at the crying cheerleader. "I'm Calum, and I know who you are."

"Yeah...first day fight?" I chuckled.

"Never happened, but it's funny."

"I bet you, the skinny will come over and start threatening to ruin our lives."

"She can't with me."

"What do you mean?"

"I am dating a footballer, and she knows him, correction, loves him."

"Whoa, Calum, doesn't that offended you? Lesbian liking your boy?"

"No. He knows. I know."

"Okay, what about-"

"Don't ask me... I know everything."

I stared in amazement.

"Number 18, Chuck Phillips is a transgender, with a likening for my sister.

"Cheerleader Gracy Louise is straight, and likes me. She isn't homophobic

"Photographer Tommy Belau is...homophobic. I hate his guts after I found out. I liked him 9th grade.

"Louis Tomlinson, the jersey saying 09 is in love with Harry Styles, his 'bae'.

"Nelson Craig, the one with the suspenders, is a total poser. And player.

I kept listening to Calum learning everything I could.

"Wait wait wait! So Ashton, he needs somebody with him at all times?"

"Yeah, there's always a guy trying to get him. Those jocks, too."

"I-I can stay with him."

"Ooh, you like him?"

"Oh shut up!"

"Hah, I will."

~

| A S H T O N |
After school, I sat back against the flag pole. I hugged my binder.

"Hey, Ashton?"

"Luke?" I whispered.

"Yeah, heard you needed somebody around." Luke said.

"Oh, okay.. Well.. My mom won't-"

"Do you have a house key?"

"No, Luke, no blind kid has a house key."

"Sorry, just curious."

"It's okay, I get snappy easily."

"Okay."

I hear him sit beside me.

"Do you need help with math? Or science?"

"My tutor and I go over it. I'll be fine."

"Okay..."

I scratch my cuts.

"Ashton..."

"What?"

"What are those?"

I can tell nobody is around.

"M-my cuts."

"Ashton, why?"

"I'm worthless. I may be blind but I can figure out how to cut."

"You shouldn't."

"Why?"

"Because I think you're wonderful"

I felt his lips touch my cheek. My cheeks burned.

I love him....