dancing

SIXTH HOUR
10PM

clio and luke are back at the center of the plaza square

"what's next on the list?" clio asks, looking around.

at 10pm, paris is still so alive. numerous people are here at the center of the square. there's a live band playing, and some people have started dancing along to the music.

"ask a stranger to dance with you," luke chuckles, reading from his phone, "it's perfect, since we're already here at the square. and there already are dancing strangers."

clio gulps. the thought of her asking a random stranger to dance with her made her nervousness and fears rise back up.

"we have an hour, peach," luke says as though he's read her mind, "you don't have to dance with anyone right away. just take your time. feel the surroundings a bit."

clio nods, and once again looks around the plaza square.

there are street lamps surrounding the square, being the only source of light around them aside from the moonlight.

sounds of human laughter and chatter fill the air, as they dance with, laugh, and talk to the people they're with.

"i don't think i can," clio says, her heart thumping, "how do i ask a stranger to dance with me? i'll sound like a creep for sure."

"peach, we're in paris," luke says, smiling, "it's the city of love! a dance is a harmless gesture."

clio sighs and runs a hand through her hair, looking around once again.

"i'll go look for my stranger now," luke says, "will you be alright by yourself for a while?"

no, clio thought.

"mhm," she answers, "i'll just chill here for a bit. good luck."

she takes a seat on one of the nearby benches, as luke walks away slowly.

she feels the soft breeze of wind as it hits her face, as she looks down on her lap. she starts fidgeting with the hem of her sweater, finding it hard not to do it when there's nothing else to do.

a lot of thoughts raced through her mind. how the fuck was she going to get a complete stranger to dance with her? what would she say to not sound creepy? what if they do start dancing, and she'll step on the stranger's shoes? what if she makes a fool out of herself?