Chapter 1: New Kid

Laurence's (POV)

"Great it's my first day at my new school, I'm lost, I know nobody, and I'm late for class." I huff as I run through the halls. I wish Hayden and Isabelle would let go to Meteli Highschool. I miss that town already. I take a sharp turn changing my pace to a sprint and suddenly I slam into something hard. Wait, no. SomeONE hard. We both fall to the ground and he sits up rubbing his head.

I get up brushing my legs off and stick out my hand, "Are you okay? I'm so so sorry!" I apologize, my stomach doing a flip-flop. This was not how I wanted to be remembered. The klutz, the late kid, the idiot.

"Y-yeah.." He replies as he runs a hand through his sandy hair. He looked up and I was shocked! He had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. They were big cyan blue eyes and had little flecks of gold in them. He was holding a bathroom pass and asked, "you look lost, can I help you?"

"Um... Yeah. I'm new here. I'm looking for class 2B."

"Oh! Chemistry! I'm heading there right now! Follow me!" He says enthusiastically, as we walk through the halls.

Garroth's (POV)

I'm so glad that I'm helping this guy out. He looked so panicked and lost. He actually looks pretty cute! Wait! What? Why did I just think that? Well whatever, it doesn't really matter anyway.

"I'm Garroth by the way. Garroth Ro'Meave." The boy's blue eyes widen as he ran a hand through his orange hair

"Laurence, Laurence Zvahl." He replied, reaching his hand out. I took it and grinned up at him. He was really handsome. I'm sure he will have all of the ladies fawning over him in no time.

"So is it your first day here? I don't think i've seen you around here before." I ask, trying to ease the awkwardness.

"Yeah I just moved here from Meteli." He doesn't look at me, he just keeps his eyes on the floor.

I make another attempt to start a conversation, "is your hair naturally that color or is it dyed?" I pointed at his fiery colored hair and he chuckled. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and I sighed in relief. I'm glad that he seemed to relax a little bit.

"No.. That was actually a prank my sister did! My older sister Cadenza, who is a Sophomore thought it was a good idea to dye my hair from brown to bright orange to make it look like we are related instead of adopted." he clasped a hand over his mouth giving me a look that said 'I said too much'

"You're adopted? That's really cool! My little brother Vylad is somewhat adopted but that's a long story." He looked a little more relaxed and gave me a shy smile. And soon enough we got to the classroom.

As we walked in, everyone turned and stared at us. I felt my face go beet red from all of the attention, and went to turn in the bathroom pass.

"Why were you ten minutes late Mr. Zvahl?" The chemistry teacher, Mr. Larr's voice boomed.

"Well I wa-" Laurence starts but I cut him off.

"Sir, I saw him on my way to the bathroom and he was lost. I made him wait until I was done before I walked him to class. It's not necessarily his fault because it's his first day here. He didn't have an orientation packet.." I say truthfully, trying to help him out. I didn't want him to get on Mr. Larr's bad side on the first day. Mr. Larr is really strict and is known among students to judge people by first impressions.

"Well if that's the case then sit down and pay attention." He says irritably, gesturing to the last two chairs in the room. We take our seats which are sadly far apart. Wait, why do I feel so disappointed? It's probably because he seemed so kind and friendly. My seat was in the back corner next to a guy with brown hair and green eyes named Jeoffrey. Laurence sat in the middle next to this female meif'wa I didn't know, with light purple hair.