Underestimated - Chapter 4

On a day off from school, I wandered over to Shinso's school. I searched for his signature purple hair at recess and quickly found him. He was trying to eat his lunch in peace and there was a zone around him where no kid dared to enter. Occasionally, kids dared each other to go close to the ostracised youth, but most chickened out, too scared of his quirk. 

Eventually, a group of kids marched up to him, but they probably thought there were much tougher than they actually were. A single glance from Shinso sent the less committed members running, leaving only four. The leader had ram's horns and lowered them, stamping his feet. Then he charged. Shinso simply ducked, not retaliating at all, but the kid stumbled and started wailing loudly. 

A worried teacher rushed over and the kid began telling her something through fake tears while pointing at Shinso. The teacher gasped, then grabbed Shinso's wrist and pulled him towards the office. I'd had enough. I vaulted over the fence, then slapped the teacher's hand away, "Oi, he hasn't done anything wrong."

The teacher let go of Shinso, who looked mildly surprised. She retorted, "Shinso's always causing trouble for the other kids! Surely you've heard of his devilish quirk!"

I nodded, "Of course I have, but I don't fear him."

The teacher recoiled, then stalked off, muttering something about a dumb kid under her breath. I nodded at his abandoned lunch, "You can finish eating now, no-one will bother you when I'm with you."

He wordlessly returned to his food, the kids parting as he passed, maintaining a wide berth. I sat down next to him, then cut straight to the point, "They bully you, don't they?"

He dipped his head, "Yeah."

I rolled my emerald eyes, "Only because they fear you. But I'm not scared, in fact, I think your quirk is amazing."

Something lit up in his previously dull eyes, "Really?"

Without a moment's hesitation, I replied, "I would kill to have a quirk like yours."

He seemed stunned, "Don't you know how my quirk works?"

I nodded, "I do, I just decided to take the risk."

He went silent, then snorted incredulously, "Your quirk must be so shoddy if you'd kill for mine."

It was my turn to laugh, "I'm actually quirkless."

Then he looked into my eyes, purple meeting green as he sadly said, "I guess neither of us can be heroes then."

I held my hand out to him, "So what do you say to being a villain with me?"

His eyes widened and he looked away, so I pressed on, "Do you see any heroes here? Are they protecting you, keeping you from being bullied?"

He shook his head, "No, they're not..."

I handed him a slip of paper with 'Anon-12' and my phone number written on it, then stood up, "Exactly. When you hear my name everywhere, message me and join our ranks."

He nodded, resolve in his eyes, "Thank you, Anon-12. I think you've finally given me a purpose."

Without another word between us, I walked out of his school. I heard kids whisper about the 'weird kid' and the 'hoodie kid' as I went and a smiled touched my masked face.

After my daily training with All Might, I plodded home. The entrance exam was still a month away, so I had to work fast to gain more allies. I checked the algorithm and quickly found an intriguing case. Eijiro Kirishima, a boy who really wanted to become a chivalrous hero. His quirk was Hardening, a useful and powerful one indeed. I decided not to target him yet, but put him on my list for later. 

Instead, I focused on an invisible girl called Toru Hagakure. She wanted to be a hero, but people kept telling her that she'd never get far with her quirk. She seemed to be especially suited to stealth missions, of which I planned to do many. 

I sent her a text, 'Heroes don't want you, but I need you.'

***So, this chapter's really short, and I apologise for that, but I've lost inspiration for this story and will be going on a hiatus for this story only. Many apologies, and Author-chan out!***