Chapter 16

I had an ultrasound today. Patrick and I drove up to the doctors. The baby bump is growing. The baby has begun to kick a few times a day. So far, it's been a whole month. Only 8 more to go. Tomorrow, Patrick goes on tour with Panic and I decided to come along. Tour ought to be interesting.
Arrival
We were in the room waiting for the doctor to bring back the file. He came in and sat down next to us. "Good morning, Mrs. Stump. I'm doctor who. Just kidding. I'm doctor Preston. How are you and the baby doing?" I smiled. "Doing well. He or she got into the kicking phase." I chuckled. "Oh fantastic! Well, shall we take a look?" He said. He turned on the machine and squeezed the gel onto my stomach. Holy smokes it was cold. He then started. "Let me find the baby" He went all over my stomach. "There it is!" I wanted to cry. I look up at Patrick who was already in tears. "Awe baby." I smiled and he kissed me. I wiped his eyes and grabbed his hand. "There's your baby. Congratulations you two." He shook our hands and walked out the room. "We're going to be parents soon" He smiled and kissed my head. "I know. God, I'm excited." I bit my lip and rubbed my stomach.
After waiting for 10 minutes. We left the doctors and drove to go get food. I decided to call my mom and invite her to lunch. "Hello?" She answered. "Hey mom! Want to meet for lunch at Ling's?" I asked. "Sure! What time?" "Uh, 20 to 30 minutes?" "Well, yeah sure! Be there soon! Love you." "Love you too. See you." I hung up and sighed in relief. things were looking out for us. See dad? Your kid went far.
We reached the restaurant and got seated. Patrick sat next to me and scooted close. He kept his right hand on my stomach. I seen my mom walk around the corner. "Mom!" I yelled to get her attention. She looked at me and smiled. She walked over and hugged me tightly. "Hey sweetie!" She sat down. " Oh hi! You look very familiar..." She had a thinking face. "Are you in Fall Out Boy?" She asked. He smiled and chuckled. "Haha was. We're on hiatus right now but, you could say I am in Fall Out Boy. Nice to finally meet you!" He shook my moms hand. "When she was younger, she could never shut up about you guys. She begged me to take her to one of your concerts." My mom joked. "She's not lying." I assured. "That's so sweet." He kissed my cheek. "How dd you two meet?" She asked. "He came into my work and caught me dancing." I blushed. "Yep. I didn't expect to see your beautiful daughter there. I just thought I was buying a vinyl. But no, she stole my heart" Patrick is so cheesy that he could be the cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich. "Wow, so you are dating a famous band member!" My mom smiled. "Eh, we've moved on from that. Mom, there's something I've wanted to tell you.." I bit my lip and smiled. "What..." She grew concerned. "Patrick and I are engaged and... I'm.... Pregnant....." I braced for impact. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?? OH MY GOD THATS GREAT BABY!! HOW FAR LONG ARE YOU?" She said with tears in her eyes. "I'm only a month." I smiled and she got up to hug me and Patrick. "This is amazing!" She said in tears. Oh my gosh. It's about to be a river.