Sanket is Eager

THANKYOU FOR ALL THE LOVE ON THE LAST ONE SHOT. Thankyou to everyone that messaged as well. Here is your update! (Not proofread)

Even though this a one shot thing, this tale is a continuation of the previous one.

Enjoy! xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

5:30 am.

I have been trying to get myself to sleep for some more time since the past 10-20 minutes, but look at the irony, it is one of the those days when you're up in a single go and just can't go back to sleep. Well, the excitement in me is hard to miss. Not only will I be heading home tomorrow, but I'll also get PLENTY of time today with my baby. I know, "officially", she isn't mine but I've always felt as if she is, with very obvious amounts of confusion though. It's been tough covering my excitement from the day she said she'll spend the whole day with me, but thankfully I had the 'I'm meeting both of my families,  and that's why my I'm super-duper excited' cover up with me. Honestly, it isn't exactly suppose to be a secret from others, but I know she'd appreciate it a lot if we keep this information between the two of us only, so I had to be really careful to not spill the beans to the boys, especially when Aashna's Kanjar wanted exactly that. He played nonchalant the whole time we were there and on the way but when he got me alone in my room, he wanted to KNOW everything. He had the idea that we'd kissed and were finally together and I let him know that if he had delayed his entry by 2 more minutes, we would have at-least kissed, if not gotten together. However, I had to let him know that it was still a far fetched dream as 'we' still needed time and so, he had to keep his mouth shut until then. His face feel when he understood the pressure of maintaining a secret, so I guess one or the other way everyone was eventually going to find out and that is why it was more important for me to not let anyone get a slight idea of Mine and Aashna's proposed rendezvous otherwise it would be on the news tomorrow. Even though I completely wanted to but the blame on Aashna, that in fact, it is her who wasn't comfortable letting everyone know about this plan of ours, I was more than happy do go through with it, as it felt like our very own personal moment, something that only we can share with each other. I felt like it was ages after that it was only the two of us. When I had moved to Mumbai 2 years back, me and Aashna were inseparable. But now, because our work and family are the same set of people, me and Aashna hardly ever spent time together, all alone. We've spend a lot of time with each other in everyone's presence but in the past year, It has hardly ever been her and me, alone. I love my chosen family A LOT, there is nothing that I want to do in life without them, but I also missed us a lot, like crazy and that explains why my excitement really has no bounds. Many of our memories have been revisited by me of us in the past months, but what happened that day, I did not even had to revisit it as it kept playing in my head and has been on replay. I never wanted that day to end. I have no justification to my actions. I did it because my heart lead me there and I kept going because there was no objection from her side. Had she asked me to maintain distance, I would have, but she did not and that bit made me the happiest. We'd even parted away and wished our goodbyes in the sweetest of hugs and gestures, one that only we understood, being careful enough. I wonder if someone else other than Rishabh was able to understand or had any idea about what happened, but I could care less even if they did have. Honestly, These are the things that make me believe that we're really each others and wonder what is keeping us apart. My mind can't help but wonder what will happen by the end of today. Would she be mine, officially? Would she ask for some more time? I've never had trouble waiting for her, but now, with the amount of distance we've experienced in the past months and a little assurance that my heart received the other day from her about us, I WAS starting to get impatient now. I was suddenly that kid who could not wait a minute and wanted to see the Marvel movies the moment they were up in theaters. All sorts of "talks" I've given myself regarding this waiting game and keeping my feelings in check for years had now gone for a toss and the only think my heart and mind knew was that I WANT TO BE WITH HER STARTING ABOUT RIGHT NOW. I've always felt it was better to not act on my feelings for her, and let things happen as they are but this lockdown has given me perspective for two situations, one of what it would be like to be her friend for life and what it will be like to be her forever. What we had was an in-between, and we'd keep switching between the two. So many moments where it felt like we're finally heading somewhere and so many that let me believe we're never getting anywhere but now I know that  I want to head, somewhere, anywhere, with her hand in mine.  I don't know if I was tired of waiting or was ready for us, but if she does ask me to wait, I will. My heart is a sucker for this lady and she's all I think off.  I was eagerly waiting to meet her now. There was still quite some more hours left for that to happen. As much as I wanted her to be mine, I also was hoping that we don't kiss today as I don't want her sweet kisses to haunt me for the whole time that i'll be in Amritsar. It will definitely drive me insane. Ugh.