Chapter 1 Part 3

"So this is school..." I stared at the tall, shapeless building in front of me, contemplating whether to actually go inside. It looked like a prison, not gonna lie, it had steel bars all around the grounds and there was a spikey metal thing that went around the roof. I looked around but THE WAY had gone. I shrugged my shoulders and started to wonder around the place. They didn't even tell me what to do in school. Weirdos. I was walking around the back of the building when a voice stopped me.

"Shouldn't you be in class, young man?" I turned around and saw a man standing behind me. He had neatly brushed hair and was wearing a green button-down suit.
"What's class?" I asked, generally not knowing what the hell 'class' was. The man looked generally surprised and I found myself getting lost in his eyes, after what felt like 5 minutes I blinked and so did he. "Sorry sir, am I meant to know you?" I tilted my head and looked up at him.

"Sorry, I'm Taeil, the science teacher. I teach, biology, physics and chemistry." He explained, holding out his hand, "You're new?"
I took his hand as Lucas had taught me to do and shook it. "A pleasure to meet you, Sir, I'm Tommy but please call me Ten." I looked into his eyes again and nodded my head, another form of greeting. "Sorry to be rude but, what is science?" I was beginning to think that it was painfully obvious that I wasn't from this time, that could land me in trouble. Serious trouble.

"Yes, it is painfully obvious that you aren't from this time. Let me guess, you are an irregular and your ability is to do with time? Probably time travel?" Shit. I started to panic and back away from the man, my eyes wide. I've been too obvious. "Don't worry young man, I won't hand you in. I'm one too but we shouldn't be talking about this here. Follow me."
He turned his back and started walking off, I guess I had to follow him as I didn't know what else to do. He was walking quite quickly so I had to do that awkward little run to catch up with him, walking slightly behind him so that it wouldn't be too awkward. We were walking for quite some time. All of these corridors look the same, how the hell does he know where to go? I heard a chuckle from him and frowned, I wonder what is so funny. Eventually we reached another room which he opened to door to. He held the door and gestured for me to go in, which I did. It was small and there was a desk with a neat array of papers on it and a box thing that was of a rectangular shape. I went up to it and looked at it in confusion. It had a lot of black worms that were coming out of it, but they weren't moving. I gingerly extended a hand and touched them. They felt weird, smooth.
"Sir, what are these?"

"That's called a computer, but I'll explain properly later. You're an irregular right?" He asked sitting down in the chair that was in front of the 'computer'. I nodded. "Do you want to explain your ability and where you are from or do you want me to introduce myself first?"

"My name is Tommy, I can control time and I am from 1870. They had a knife to my throat, and they had already killed my parents so I used my power and somehow managed to end up here." I sat on the floor as he had no other chairs in here, and also, it's respectful to sit on the floor when an older person is taking to you while sitting down.

"Nice to meet you Tommy, I'm Taeil, I can read minds and sense when another Irregular is nearby, now, how about I explain what everything is to you?" He looked at me and I nodded again, pointing at the 'computer'.
"What is a computer?"