Chapter 15

He sighs hard enough for Tom to listen, raising his eyes from his half-finished essay for Potions. Hadrian has been trying to write the essay for an hour, but the constant fight between Abraxas and Adrian was making him go crazy. Their chatter was louder and dumber any minute that passed, only getting Hadrian to almost cry of frustration, as he couldn't leave the table until he finished the essay.

"What?" Hadrian shakes his head holding it between his hands.

"I can't. I actually can't. I'm going to scream if they keep that up."

"Breathe."

"No, I don't want to."

Hadrian decides to shame them until they left. He stares fixedly at them, not blinking; Abraxas is the first to notice, stopping mid-sentence. Adrian turns to look at what Abraxas was looking, closing his mouth.

"Thank you." He snaps as they move to another table far from them to continue with their fight this time through spitting whispers. Hadrian huffs at them, and returns to his paper, resting his elbow on the table holding his head between his hands.

"Do you need help?" Tom says slowly.

"No. I can do it by myself, thank you." He tries to say as sweetly as possible, but it still sounded too snappy. He grabs the quill with a complaint. "I thought they would have had forgotten this stupid feud by October, but it has only gotten worse." He hisses, the tip of his quill scratching the parchment he was doodling in, his homework was empty only containing his name and the date. Tom nods once, his wrist twisting as he wrote down neatly in his parchment.

"They'll eventually get over it, don't worry so much."

"I'm not worried, but mad. They were good friends, but their families ruined that." Or were they friends because of their families? He didn't want to think about it.

"They are friends," Tom says, wetting the tip of the quill before continuing writing. Hadrian looks at him, taken aback.

"What? They are always fighting now!"

"But it'll pass. They are still close. It is not their feud, but their families, eventually they'll forget it and move on. I'll give them till November."

Hadrian sighs again, letting down the quill.

"Besides, the fight is fair. He cheated on his wife. If someone cheated me, I'll cause mass genocide." Hadrian laughs awkwardly. Well, at least this time around it won't be for racism.

"Poor future girlfriend of yours." Tom's eyes twinkle for a second. Straightening his back he says, as nonchalantly as possibly.

"Girlfriend? More like: boyfriend, partner, soulmate, intended..." Hadrian's eyes were wide open, something like recognition. He looks down, before looking back up, meeting Tom's amused expression.

"You like boys?"

"Wasn't it obvious?"

He tries to find the 'obviousness' for a couple of seconds, nodding in fake understanding.

"Yes, of course." Tom laughs under his breath, knowing they had a couple of stares over them. He was craving to just declare, and just make them look away.

"You are painfully oblivious, love." He says sweetly, peering from the corner of his eyes, at the pretty face of his dumb friend.

"What do you mean?"

"You'll know pretty soon."Instead of answering Tom just shrugs his shoulders,

Hadrian rolls his eyes. "Whatever." He goes back to writing, ignoring Tom's eyes fixated on him. "I just want to fix this so we can go back to what it was before."