Chapter 4

Little did Marinette know she was right. Adrien was back to his mean old self the next day.

When she saw Adrien in the hallway she curtseyed "Good morning King Adrien please send my regards to your lovely wife Queen Chloe" He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not in the mood for your bullshit today"  Adrien said pushing her out of his way.

Marinette frowned. "Why are you like this?" She said grabbing his wrist as he tried to walk past her. He turned around and shrugged.

"Well let's see: My mom died when I was 12, I was homeschooled up to the age of 13, my only friend growing up was Chloe oh and let's not forget the daddy issues - they really spiced up my personality." Adrien said casually.

"That's not what I meant" Marinette said.

"Then what did you mean?" Adrien asked looking into her bluebell eyes.

"I mean you're mean one day and then nice the next- well nice is over selling it but you were alright yesterday and now you're being a dickhead again?" Marinette said.

"I've always been a dickhead so deal with it bitch" He said coldly glaring at her.

Marinette looked taken aback. "Okay then but on a real note are you good? I mean you know with the whole sad childhood thing. I'm sorry you had to go through that"

"I don't need your pity pigtails" He said aggressively. 'I'm not weak I don't need sympathy from some 3 foot tall hoe. Although no one else has ever really asked me how i am, no one else has ever really cared. The only person whose ever cared about me was my mom...' Adrien thought.

"Oh thank goodness Adrikins for a second I thought you were going soft" Chloe said as she walked up to them. She grabbed Adrien's arm and they walked off together.

Marinette felt someone's presence behind her. She turned around to see Alya. "Told you not to get your hopes up. Dickhead Adrien is back"

Time skip

In gym class they were playing basketball.

"Get into pairs and practice your chest passes" The gym teacher ordered.

Obviously Marinette was with Alya. They chest passed successfully a few times until Marinette got distracted by Adrien on the other side of the sports hall. 'He looks so good in that tank top.' Marinette stared at his toned arms.

"You like what you see?" Adrien asked noticing her staring. Marinette said nothing and before she knew it he was staring back at her. Marinette was wearing a white short-sleeved shirt and blue shorts that revealed much of her legs, Adrien admired her legs.

Alya passed the ball to Marinette but she wasn't paying attention and the ball rolled over to Adrien's feet, breaking them out of their trance. Adrien picked up the basketball. "Adrien throw the ball over here!" Marinette demanded.

"What's the magic word?" Adrien asked.

"Please" She muttered under her breath.

"I didn't quite catch that, come again?" Adrien teased.

"UGH PLEASE ADRIEN!" Marinette yelled.

Alya ran to her bag that was lying against the wall and pulled her phone out. Adrien and Marinette were so cute she had to record them so she could tease Marinette about it later.

"No" Adrien said dryly.

"What do you mean no?" Marinette said.

"I'm not giving you the ball." Adrien said.