9

I started painting and I was feeling really nice about this scenario. It felt good to have some time for me.
People started to leave, but I wanted to stay a little bit more. I was having fun.

The only person who stayed behind with me was Felix. "Person"...because a ghost was still present. Yeonjun.

"You are a good painter"- Felix broke the silence.

"Thanks, not so bad yourself"- I said.

"I'm just doing the simple tasks"- he smiled.

I continued my job going up the ladder and again he broke the silence again.

"You know...If you are not comfortable going up the ladder...I can always catch you if you fall"

He said this and I stopped painting to look at him. Shock all over my face.
That was when music started playing out of nowhere. I look behind me, to the stereo, and Yeonjun was next to it. He shrugged his shoulders with an evil smile painted on his face. I rolled my eyes and went back to painting.

"Wha-...what-..how... aren't we here alone?"- Felix asked scared.

"Yes"- I answered unbothered.

"Do-...do-...do you think it can be a.. ghost?"- he gulped.

He was clearly scared and Yeonjun was having a blast about it. He was laughing really hard.

"The stereo is probably just old"- I played it off.

At that moment Felix got a phone call.

"It was my agency..they need me there..."- Felix explained.

"Alright. I'll stay here a little bit more"- I said.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"- he asked.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry"- I said.

He bid me goodbye and Yeonjun came closer to me, standing next to my ladder.

"Was that really necessary?"- I asked while painting.

"Oh, c'mon, it was funny"- he said.

"Still. He got scared"- I said.

"It was his fault! I can catch you if you fall... stupid"- Yeonjun mocked Felix and I chuckled.

"You're jealous cause you don't have a love life"- I mocked him

He started mocking what I said and, as we always do, we started bickering with each other.

My ladder was unsteady and, with all this play, it moved more. Suddenly, I feel myself falling, but to my surprise I never hit the ground.

When I opened my eyes, Yeonjun was in front of me, really close and he was holding me in his arms.
His face seems more heavenly from up close. His eyes look like they shine even though they are dark chocolate coloured. We are just taking a moment to appreciate the view of each other from up close. My heart seems to be beating fast and for a moment my brain stopped working. It's like time froze.

Then, a sudden, yet quite awakening thought, came to my mind.

"You're holding me... you're-... you're-... you're a ghost! Why are you holding me? How?!"- I asked as I jumped out of his arms.

We were looking at each other and making a fuzz about it. Talking at the same time from confusion.

"Ok, wait, wait, wait, wait!!"- I said and came closer to him.
I put my hand on his shoulder and pushed him. And he moved!

"Ahh!"- we got scared.

I punched him on the face, just to be sure and as a reflex.

"What was that for??"- he screamed

"How can I touch you???!!"- I asked scared in a loud tone too.

"I don't know!!!!"- he screamed back at me.

"Okay, okay, let's calm down. Let's calm down. Let's breath in and out. In and out. It's okay, it's nothing special"- I said trying to calm us down.

"Right... right"- he agreed, breathing in and out with me.

But a grin quickly appeared on his face.
He came closer to me and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Look at who can have a love life now?"- Yeonjun said in a very seducing tone

I got surprised.

"What are you doing?..."- I asked confused and nervous.
He is so close to me. My stomach has what we would call butterflies.

"What do you think...?"- he said looking me in the eyes.

It moved something in me. My heart was beating so fast and I could feel some kind of tension between us two.
As crazy as it sounds, for a moment it was like his breath was crossing mine...it's like this was no ghost...this was a person.

I quickly came to my senses and freed myself from him. I must be crazy. He is dead. He has no breathing.

"The paint smell clearly messed up your ghost brain"- I said, trying not to break character.

I started cleaning things up to leave while Yeonjun was just watching.

"Hello? Is someone there?"- Yeonjun asked to the chairs.

I looked behind, but couldn't see anything, so I got up and stayed next to Yeonjun to see what he was seeing.

"There's no one-"- I stopped mid sentence when I noticed that shadow.
My eyes grew big and I started shaking.

"Who are you?"- Yeonjun asked as it was coming closer.

Of course it didn't answer.

"Why isn't he leaving? I'm here"- Yeonjun said.

"It's that shadow...the shadow"- I said.

As it was coming closer, I kind of hid myself behind Yeonjun, but it was no use.

My head started hurting and visions were now playing. This vision was not me being trapped. It was me being hit by a car. The flashing lights of the car coming closer and closer and the feeling of being knocked to the ground by it.

"Y/N, Y/N!!"- Yeonjun called me and I woke up from the vision.

"Are you okay?"- he asked as I was a little tormented still.

"I-...is it gone?"- I asked.

"Yeah, it disappeared"- Yeonjun said.

He insisted on taking me home and so he did. Of course my mood was a little off now.

"I'm sorry"- Yeonjun broke silence.

"For what?"- I asked.

"Not being able to protect you.."- he said.

"Yeonjun...I told you...he is not just any ghost...just like you are not just any ghost...but he is evil and he is not afraid of you... it's not your fault..."- I said.

He got quiet and we arrived home.

"Thank you for being there though..."- I thanked him and he just gave me a little smile.

We said our goodbyes and we parted ways.
Today was a rough day and even still I couldn't find out anything about Yeonjun. We need to try again and talk to this Huening Kai guy.