Spending Time Together

(3rd Person)

"So, uh..." Todoroki began as soon as class finished. "Where do you want to go?"

Midoriya took a deep breath, trying not to freak out. Why would he be freaking out? Who knows, emotions suck. "Uhm, we could go out for dinner, and then maybe go ice skating before it closes? Then a walk around the school sounds nice, maybe even--" And then he began rambling.

Todoroki found himself smiling at the other. He had never really had a 'friend' because of his childhood so this is new. And new things are supposed to be fun. ((No they aren't, change fucking sucks but lets just go with it for the story.))

"How's that sound??" Midoriya asked suddenly, breaking the other from his thoughts.

"Uh, yeah. That sounds great?" Todoroki said, not exactly sure to what he was agreeing to. 

"Alright, cool! Let's go!" Midoriya smiled, taking the other's hand without a second thought and running off somewhere.

...

"And then I told him, Todoroki, I told him! He could NOT just say stuff like that!" Midoriya spoke, too deep into the conversation to notice the way the other was looking at him.

They were walking around the school after a long but amazing night. Midoriya seemed to enjoy himself to, seeming so interested in the conversation he was basically having with himself. But something seemed different.

It might've been his smile whenever Todoroki spoke. It seemed as if he was actually interested in what the taller had to say and was willing to put the effort in the conversation. Something Shouto had never really experienced throughout his life. 

Maybe this was what it was like having a friend? Weird, but he'd gladly try making more.

Once Midoriya was done talking, he smiled. "I had fun! Sorry for talking too much, I'm not sure if that annoyed you or... Yeah. You barely said anything..."

"That's okay, I liked hearing you talk. It keeps my mind off certain things. But I have a quick question for you." Todoroki asked. He's heard of them before, but he needed to make sure so he doesn't get the wrong idea. 

"Yeah, of course! What's up?"

"Was this a date?"