Chapter 10 : Yikes!

Percy and Nico sat in tense silence, back in their room at the Leaky Coulderon. Percy had been released from St. Mungo's a day after he woke up, the healers telling him to be careful around magic and to not cast any magic until September 16th- which was good, since Nico and Percy needed to be at Hogwarts by October 1st for the Quad-Wizard Tournament.

Percy had put together the pieces when Nico told him about his theory on why Aphrodite was involved, and Percy was. . . Well, he was feeling a lot of things.

He was angry that Aphrodite would mess up his head and feelings so badly that he was hospitalized (after all, his pain had been mental and magical, not physical [at least, that's what the doctor told him], and the pink stuff in his head was whatever Aphrodite did to him).

Percy was relieved that it was all over and that he could rest.

Percy was confused, wondering why he still felt as if something had been taken from him.

And Percy was scared. He was scared that Nico would get mad at him because of the way he acted around him while he had the "infection" (that's what he liked to call whatever Aphrodite did to him).

Percy knew that he was very touchy and flirty with Nico before he fought of the "infection", and he knew that Nico reacted in a way that wasn't disgust. He blushed.

Nico liked him, romantically, and the only way Percy could like him back was if Aphrodite put him back under the love spell or whatever she did to him.

Percy was scared that he would lose Nico as a friend because he unintentionally hurt his feelings.

Then, Percy cursed himself for not realizing what was happening sooner. He was a god, for Zeus' sake! Why hadn't he known?

While Percy had his internal conflicts and rants, Nico sat in silence, dreading what he knew Percy would say.

Nico knew, for a fact, that Percy would say that he was sorry.

He knew that Percy would apologise for all the flirty things he did, for all the glances and touches they exchanged, for all the secret smiles they occasionally  threw each other. . . and he would apologise for not shaking off whatever Aphrodite did to him sooner.

It was just such a Percy move, that Nico already knew what was going to happen.

Tears filled Nico's eyes and he clenched his fists tightly, trying to keep his sobs quiet as they flowed out of him.

The truth was that the affection implant hurt Nico more than it hurt Percy. Percy could walk away from the experience while Nico couldn't. He was stuck, his mind replaying all the times he actually thought that Percy could genuinely someday love him.

Percy placed a hand on Nico's shoulder as the younger boy cried, guilt washing over him.

"Don't say anything, Percy," Nico pleaded, his voice cracking several times. "Please, just. . . don't speak. Please. . ."

Percy nodded (even though Nico wouldn't look at him) and just remained silent, rubbing Nico's back as sobs came and went.

While Percy walked away healed, Nico stood broken.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/N

I know what you're going to say. . .

"FOR ALL THAT WAIT, YOU GAVE ME A CHAPTER THAT SHORT?!?!"

I know :(

This was more of a filler chapter, a gateway to the other part in the book. The other chapters will be much longer, guaranteed XD

Just remember that I love you all~

Be safe~

Wash your hands every 5 seconds~

Lol, I'm kidding. Only wash your hands every 3 seconds.

Have a good day!

P.S.

The song completely matches the chapter. Listen to it :)