Chapter 4

Raymond

I sat in the lobby waiting on Denise to come down, playing on my phone to kill time.

"Raymond!" I heard Denise high pitched voice yell!

I looked up and saw my baby running over to me. I stood up just in time as she jumped into my arms.

I laughed. "Hey baby. I'm glad you missed me."

"I feel like I haven't seen you in years!" She over exaggerated.

"Baby you just saw me three days ago."

She pouted. "I know and that's a long ass time."

I just shook my head. She was so spoil. Denise was use to seeing me everyday.

"You ready to go explore the island?" I asked her.

"Yes! I want to go to the beach first but we have to stop at a store because I forgot my bikini."

"How did you forget one of the most important things to bring when you are coming to an island?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. I guess I was too excited about coming that it slipped my mind. Now come on." She said, pulling me behind her out the hotel.

I sat in a chair waiting for her to come out in a bikini she chose  and was trying on.

When she stepped from behind the curtains my eyes bucked open.

"Aw hell nawl! Take that shit off!" I yelled looking at the little two piece that barely covered anything. I looked around the store and say men gawking at her.

"What's wrong with it?" She asked looking down at herself.

"What's wrong with it?" I repeated. "Girl yo ass out! You gon make me catch a charge in the Bahamas with that on." I said with all seriousness.

"It has a wrap that goes with it baby." Denise said as she took the wrap from her hand and wrapped it around her waist.

"Is that better?" She asked.

"I guess." I said looking around the store. I saw this top that matched the wrap around her waist that was shear and I picked it up.

"Here." I said extending it to her. "Put this on too."

She shook her head while taking it and putting it on.

"You lucky it actually looks cute other wise yo ass would have just been mad." She stated while checking herself out in the mirror.

"Uh huh. Whatever. Let's go to the counter so I can pay for it."

--

After spending four hours on the beach swimming and trying the water skis and other activities, we decided it was time to go eat something.

We went to this diner called Johnny Rockets and I was amazed. I had never been to a place like this before. It was like taking a trip to the past. It was designed in a 1950's theme and it even had an old style jukebox.

We ordered a simple burger and fries with two vanilla milkshakes and it was delicious.

"So are you ready to meet my family?" I asked Denise who was dipping her fries in her milkshake and eating them. Just nasty.

"Yea I am . I can't lie, I'm a little nervous though."

"You have nothing to worry about. Everybody is really cool. The two people that may give you a problem is my sister and my mother. They both are over protective of me."