ONE(1)

Friday: 8th September, 2017.
    Okay. .I'm really doing this,huh? How is this done again? Dear diary? Yeah.
     Dear diary, this is my first entry. Forgive me,I don't know the right way to do this. Mommy gave this to me for my eighteenth birthday, which was yesterday. I guess,I'll make use of it. Do I name you? No forget it. Later.

Saturday: 9th September, 2017
     Okay... Dear diary, I'm Dara Bassey. From Naija o. I bring goodnews. I went to school to check my admission status  and guess what! I am now a medical student in the University of Uyo. .Or wait, a kind of pre-med. Sadly though, my bestfriend, Aubrey didn't get in. She got Human Anatomy instead.
       I couldn't do much to comfort her. She started crying when she found out and left almost immediately. I feel bad for her and happy for myself and guilty for feeling happy. Ugh! This is so damn complicated.
      I guess I'm going to get to meet fine fine boys o. I've never had a boyfriend. Could it be time? Is this really going to happen? I'm psyched!!
       I have to change my wardrobe and everything. I have to slay,damn it! Mom's calling, I have to go.

Sunday:  10th September, 2017.
      4:08pm
       I'm so mad,right now. Okay, I guess I have to tell you why. Maybe later. I'm not in the mood.

Monday: 11th September, 2017.
      5:23am
Good morning, diary. I don't really have plans for today. I guess I'll just lie around. So,back to what happened yesterday. I never did come back and it wasn't because I was still shaking from anger, no. I was just feeling down at a certain point and spent the rest of the night sleeping.
     Around 10am yesterday, mommy and I went shopping. Because duh! I'm now a college girl. It didn't turn out to be a happy day for me. I'm eighteen now and should get to make my choices, including clothes too. Mommy bought everything according to her tastes. There were so many t-shirts, so many skirts ( I love skirts but... Too many,you know?). She bought those big handbags she holds and I really wanted a backpack. I got like two jeans and she bought shoes. I wanted sandals and slides! (I'm totally whining right now. Not very adult like ,I know.)
     Anyway, I pouted the whole way home. I'm sure she pretended like she didn't see. I say 'pretended' because I believe I was very obvious, dear diary.
I even stamped my foot (four times!) and trudged as we walked to the car.
     Whatever! My excitement is still not dampened because of what happened. I'm still going to be a doctor.

10:02am
   I just had breakfast I really feel like visiting someone but I don't have many friends. I probably have to sneak out, because duh! Mommy is strict and I'm not allowed to go out. Maybe not,though.
   My father called today. Of course he's in Abuja with his new wife,as always.
The conversation was pretty basic and forced.
"How are you,Dara?"
"I'm fine."
"How's everything? How's school?"
"School hasn't started yet. I got admission, though,"
*Crickets* *Silence*
I continued, " To study medicine."
"Ah! Are you serious? My daughter is going to be a doctor o. Read o! Be serious o, you know medicine is not easy. Don't follow boys, Dara."
"I know. I know."
    The rest was pretty much more boring, if that's even possible.

Tuesday:12th September, 2017.
    Oh damn! Oh damn! Oh no! I can't breathe... I can't.
    Apparently, there's a strike. ASUU ( Academic Staff Union of Universities)
is on strike. No school till whenever. My God! What?! I'm lost. No fine boys for me? No flexing? Oh shut up,Dara. You don't even know how to flex.
I'm going to sleep now,dear diary. My head wan burst!