CHAPTER 49: TIME CRUNCH

Marley's eyes widen, eyes flashing to Trixie. Is this what he thinks it is? The lights are flickering, and although that's something to be expected of a warehouse, it feels different. Trixie doesn't seem to notice.

The lights flicker again, then they turn red. Now Marley's sure.

Trixie seems to get it, as her eyes widen. Olucard had left the two men he entered with here, and they each exchange glances.

The lights in the room, which hang down by metal wires, each begin to shake, and Marley finally (for the first time since waking up) relaxes into the chair. He examines Trixie up and down, and remarks, "I'd run if I were you."

She shakes her head. "There is absolutely no way he could've found us."

Suddenly, Marley spots a table by the far wall. It's hidden from view unless you look at it a certain way, which must be why he missed it before. He immediately recognizes his laptop case and phone. He remembers Nero telling him he can sense those things, so perhaps... that's how? Then why did it take him so long?

Marley hears the door burst open, then several footsteps rushing in. The two men by Trixie's side burst into action, rushing past Marley. Marley assumes that the people that entered were his friends, but becomes confused when he hears some weird cracking sounds.

The two men fly bast Marley, pinned up against the wall by... vines.

Hang on... Marley only knows one person that can control plants.

Trixie turns around and runs, but roots come through the floor and wrap around her, keeping her in place. Her gun drops to the floor.

Then Leilani comes into view, hands help up as roots circle all around Trixie's body. Where in the world did Leilani come from? How did she get out of 1-A?

Marley hears the footsteps running before he sees Nero. The man comes into Marley's vision, bending forward and resting his hands on the armrests. The restraints immediately turn into ash, and before Marley can even stand up or get his bearings, he's yanked into a bone crushing hug.

Oh. Okay.

Nero smells good, his hair slightly damp, signaling that he probably just took a shower. After at least a few minutes, the room silent, Marley is pushed away. Holding the prince at arms reach, Nero suddenly has a familiar scowl.

"What was the one fucking thing I told you not to do?"

Marley averts his eyes from the piercing red. "Get kidnapped."

"And what did you do?"

"Get kidnapped."

"Get kidnapped. Honestly, Marley, you've been gone for over two weeks." Wow, he didn't call Marley by his last name. Get this man a medal. "Do you know how fucking worried I was? Why-why are you so thin?"

Marley glances around the room, and finds that not only is their entire group (including Drey) staring at them, but so is Leilani, the guards, and Trixie.

There is no way these people don't know that Marley and Nero are a couple.

"It's not like I wanted to get kidnapped!" Marley defends. "I've been unconscious this whole time. Yell at Trixie!"

Nero lets go of Marley, running a hand through his black hair. He studies Marley's face for a moment. Marley can see the dark circles under Nero's eyes, the jittery way he's moving. This man has been worried sick.

Deciding that he doesn't care that there are other people in the room, Marley reaches forward and hugs Nero again. Leave it to emotionally constipated Nero to blame this kidnapping on Marley.