Chapter 19

Josh's POV

I hung around the house all day typing new video ideas. There was nothing to do on this so called vacation. Well technically, I'm supposed to be in rehab but same thing.

I ordered Jimmy Johns and watched New Girl while I waited for it to come. Colleen's interview was taking forever. Maybe that was a good thing?

I checked how much longer we have until our electricity was shut off, one week. Colleen really needed this job, my Prius was running out of gas, the Taurus was completely totaled. Our dishwasher made a really weird rumble, the washing machine was so old it barely ever worked. We had to start going to the laundromat which was no fun.

We were poor.

Knock, knock

I jumped, not expecting my food to be here so fast. I shouldn't of ordered food, I should of gotten off my butt went to the kitchen and made a perfectly fine ham and cheese sandwich.

"Here is your Classic BLT sandwich with barbecue chips! That will be $8.54!" The girl with a black and white polo said standing there with a smile on her face. Probably making more money than me.

"You're at the wrong house," I lied.

"You're Joshua, correct?"

I shook my head, "I'm," I paused, "Ringo."

"Ringo? Like from The Beetles?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Okay," I closed my door staring at the bag that contained my BLT.

Colleen's POV

"Wow Mrs. Evans, you're very qualified. We'll be in touch," Mrs. Junes (who I was now allowed to call Edith) led me to the front of the store.

"So did I get the job?" I asked more excited than I intended.

"It's probable, but I have a few more candidates. You will get your answer by Friday."

Yes! The interview went great. At least I thought it did. She was super chill too. I don't know how Josh and I thought we could afford a child when we can barely even wash our clothes. We were on a good path, we would end up okay.

"Hello? Just kidding I know it's you," Josh greeted me on the other line.

"Hey babe, I'm on my way home. The interview went great!" I exclaimed.

"Should we get a dog?"

"No! We need to save money!"

"But the dogs on this website I found!"

"You seem bored, go read a book! Or even film and edit a video! The traffic is already getting bad, I'll see you in 30 minutes or so."

"Popular, your gonna be popu-lar," I sang along with the radio. I tried to block out the horns blaring around me.

My phone vibrated, "hello?" I answered.

"Oh, Colleen," weeping came through my phone microphone, I looked at caller ID, I didn't know who it was.

"Who is this?"