Chapter 2

"Hey, erm, so hi...you're awake I guess."

Is this guy serious? I've been here for how long and he finally comes to see me and this is all he says! He can't seriously be the guy who kidnapped me, who's been lurking in the shadows for nearly the past month!

"I'm sorry about us kidnapping you, it's just...necessary. I hope you've got on well enough with Polyphemus - as long as you don't try to steal the fleece on him he's fine with you. I'm Luke by the way."

This guy is infuriating. He's actually stood there talking to me as if we're friends, he must be insane.
"What is wrong with you? Do you really think just by apologising for kidnapping me it makes everything better? You claim it's necessary but then don't even tell me why and talk about Polyphemus as if I'm supposed to know who he is! And for the record, I don't give a damn what your name is, just let me out of here!"

Luke looks slightly taken aback, he mustn't have expected me to react like that. But did he really think I'd be grateful to him, for what? Someone really needs to start explaining and fast.

"I guess I should explain. (Oh really, he guesses does he?) We need the blood from the descendant of the demigod who sent Gaea back into the earth in order to raise her again and take over Olympus, destroying the Gods in the process."

Did I bang my head or something? If this is a practical joke then it's terrible, none of this is true and I'm definitely not gullible enough to believe any of it either. I'm pretty sure he just called me a 'demigod', whatever that's supposed to mean, and he wants to use my blood to awaken some ancient mythical being that one of my ancestors supposedly prevented from rising. Now I don't know exactly what you're all thinking, but surely you must think that I've just lost it or I'm high, I can't be mentally stable right now, can I?

"You expect me to believe that I'm a 'demigod' or whatever you said and that all of this is real, whilst you leave me sat here chained up?"

Luke seemed shocked that I didn't believe him, but why would I? Yet there seems to be something else bubbling away under the surface, irritation, anger, anticipation maybe. He finally cracks.

"Okay, I'll start from the beginning. I'm guessing you grew up without one of your parents being around (that's true, I've never actually met my dad) and you never really got told why, so here's the truth. One of your parents..."

"My dad..." I butt in.

"So, your dad then, is actually a Greek God and he met your mum whilst he was in his human form. Then you obviously know your biology by now, and you were born, but then Zeus banned all of the Gods from contacting their kids so your dad could never contact you or your mum. However, with you it seems slightly more confusing. As well as being a demigod yourself, it seems that one of your ancestors was too and they caused a lot of trouble for some of the Roman demigods who had joined with a few Greeks and attempted to awaken Gaea. She prevented it from happening, but got cursed by one of the Romans, so in all fairness, she probably got what she deserved."

Fair! How is any of that fair? Luke goes on to explain about this whole world unknown to mortals who are protected by the Mist and of a camp safe for Greek demigods called Camp Half-Blood. As I try to let some of this information sink in, I realise something. He said that my ancestor was cursed - there's only one curse that could be (the one I destroyed last summer) and I don't like where this is headed.

"Luke, do you know what their names were? I mean, my 'ancestor' who supposedly stopped some made up mythical being from rising and the one who cursed her?"