Just another day
1890

As I was walking to my dresser I gave I glance to my window and couldn't help but stare at what I was seeing; Jefferson, I stopped using "Mr" for laziness purposes, watering flowers in a greenhouse. He looked concentrate in his task and I wondered why he did it, he could easily ask a servant to do so. He had so many! The one I've seen the most was, obviously, James Hemmings, but I stumbled across many others. Talking about the servant, last evening I took a bath. As refreshing as it was I really felt out of space, actually, I feel out of space everywhere in this house. Everything is so fancy, so.. delicate? I feel like it's way too expensive for me to touch it, and in comparison, everything I own seems valueless.

Sighing out of tiredness, it was early in the morning after all, and I'm far from what we can call a morning person, I got dressed. Not really knowing how was going to be the day, I put on a white button shirt, as Always, and a sleeveless dark brown vest with a black tie and black pants. The servant took my hat in the entrance when I arrived and will probably give it back to me if we have to go out. Not feeling like attaching my hair today I nevertheless put my hair lace in one of my pocket. Someone knocked on my door and I guessed it was Hemmings.

"Mr. Hamilton, the breakfast is served, do you need anything? Any special requests?" And I was right. I thought about his questions for a while before answering.

"Yes, actually, I would like a black coffee," he nodded quietly before signifying me to follow him. I'm going someday to know this place by heart but until then he is very useful.

"Did you sleep well, sir? Were you cold?" He asked. I never had someone be so concern about my well-being, even if it's his job to be.

"No, everything was alright, thank you."

We enter the same place Jefferson and I ate yesterday. Waffles were on the table with some maple syrup. As well as not being a morning person, I'm usually not hungry in that time. I ate anyway; like I said I never waste any food. Jefferson arrived only a little while after I started eating, I had started some small talks with Hemmings, and he interrupted those without any care of the world. That frustrated me but it's not like it was really relevant.

After the usual "good morning's" we rest in silence. It seems that he doesn't talk a lot expect if the conversation really interest him, or had any important purpose. So small talks aren't a question. After eating, he started to go away but I run after him; figurally, that is.

"Hum," I started, "we talked yesterday about postponing our conversation about our working hours and payments system; shouldn't we do that now?" He looked at me curiously.

"You talk a lot, don't you?" I frowned a little.

"I, huh, guess?" He chuckled a little.

"I'm pretty darn sure I'm not the first person to say you that," he isn't wrong in the least; it's pretty common for me if someone asks me to slow down or look uninterested in what I'm saying, even if they're trying not to show it. one time I had a debate with a guy and neither of us wanted to quit our position, so we basically talked, or more yelled, six hours straight, and he quit at the end. Best day of my life.

"You may be right," I mumble loud enough for him to hear, "but the question isn't there; our rain check?"

"Yes! Our rain check. I must confess with you, Hamilton, I have no idea of what sort of garbage is going out of your tiny mouth but I don't understand a thing," I loudly scoffed at that.

"I'm sorry, what?!"

"Shh, calm down. It's a joke, I'm playing with you," a grin could be seen on his face. That just made me frowned a bit more before sighing.