Worth Dying For...

Azlyn had landed in the demon realm very ungracefully, barely able to stop herself from faceplanting into the grass.  She knew that there were probably more graceful ways to arrive through a portal, but she had not been given the chance to master any of them.  She stood up and brushed the dirt off of her clothes before scanning her surroundings.  Everything looked as it had before, not much had changed in two years.   She began to think about all that had happened that day; everything they had gone through to make it to this portal.  Everything that they went through once they had arrived.

     Azlyn looked around, slowly, attempting to assess her situation.   She knew that she needed to find a way back to the castle without being discovered; the last thing that she wanted was to get thrown back into slavery now.   She saw the path before her that she and Reve had fought their way down the last time that she was here.  She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, before beginning to march down the pathway.  Though, she was suddenly stopped short as she heard someone calling out to her.

     "Princess Azlyn!   Please wait!"

     The voice was strangely familiar, however, Azlyn could not immediately place it.  She turned around in circles, scanning the horizon for the source of the sound.

     "Who are you?  Show yourself!"  Azlyn demanded.

     A hooded figure emerged from the bushes wearing a long cloak.  He slowly lowered his hood, revealing his face.

     "Eistein?"   Azlyn gasped.

     "At your service, your highness."   Eistein responded with a bow.

     "But...what...how?"   Azlyn stammered searching for her words.  "How did you know that I was going to be here?"

     Eistein closed his eyes and held them tightly for a moment.  When he opened them again; his eyes were void of color and glowed brightly, just as the Mystics' eyes had before.

     "I am a Mystic now."   Eistein smiled.  "We have seen your arrival here, today, for quite some time.  We are offering our assistance in returning you the castle; returning you to Prince Reve."

     "What?  Why are you helping me?"

     "Because we need Prince Reve to save us.  And for that...we need you to save him."

     "What do you mean?"

     Eistein shook his head, slowly.

     "All will be revealed in time."

     Eistein then gestured for Azlyn to follow him.  He led her down the same path that she had run down in her escape.  She remembered the moment that she had blinded the guard who had tackled her on the path.   As they walked further, she recalled a memory that made her heart cry out.   As she recognized the spot where Reve had fallen, dropping her as he did so.  This had been the very last time that Reve had held her in his arms.  Oh, how she longed, desperately, to be wrapped in his warmth again.

     Meanwhile, across the kingdom, locked inside his palace room; Reve felt a sudden shift in energy.  He sensed that something had changed.  He felt...different, somehow.

     "Azlyn?"  Reve whispered, half expecting a response.

     Of course, no response would come.   Azlyn was not there.  Reve shook off the thought; he could not be feeling Azlyn's emotions, she was in the human realm.  The veil between the realms prevented their bond from coming through.   But, little did he know, that she was currently making her way through the town that they had last visited together before being chased down by the royal guards.