Chapter III: Lone Wolf

The hardest thing about being a lone wolf in the London Orphanage for Boys for James was putting on the annual act every day for the headmistress, Miss T. James would have to pretend everyday at 2, when Miss T checked in on the boys, that he was having a grand old time with all of his friends.
           Miss T was a tall women with golden hair and a perfectly symmetrical face. She had a calm and soothing voice and always wore a nice little skirt, usually blue. She was adored by all the boys in the orphanage, especially James. James had a connection with Miss T and she felt they had one as well. That is why she always made sure he was especially happy.
           Miss T and James stayed up a little bit longer that any of the other people not eh orphanage, which let them have private and intimate talks with each other. They shared similar views and felling on different subjects and people. Miss T thought that James was rather smart for his age which drew her to him even more.
           Miss T never liked to see any one sad or disappointed in any way, so whenever someone was she made a huge deal out of it and stopped at nothing to fix the issue. For most people this sounded like an amazing person to have in your life, but for James it was the opposite.
         Even though he considered Miss T the only person who cared about him, he hated the attention should would put on people when they were upset. James was a person who flew under the radar and never made his presence known, or it wasn't acknowledged at least, and he liked it that way. James was used to being alone and grew to prefer it over the interaction with the other boys. But he still loved his talks with Miss T.
           One day James had woken up early in the morning m and decided he would try and see if Miss T was awake to talk to here. While he approached her room, he could tell that she was on the phone and sounded very upset. James quietly tiptoed up to the outer wall of her room and put his ear to the wall.
           "I'm just very concerned for him sir." James hears her say.
            There was silence for a few moments and then she started talking again.
         "He is not like the other boys at all and refuses to even try and talk to them. He try's to hide it from me, but it couldn't be more obvious."
          Once again there was silence.
          "Well I don't want him! I can't handle taking care of him any longer! It is too difficult!" Nobody is going to want a kid that is obviously in constant need of attention and is to difficult to get to socialize." Miss T was getting hysterical!
           James started to worry, who was she taking about. Then James heart sunk.
          "What do you mean who am I talking about, the same child that always comes up in these calls, James."
          James felt himself getting queasy. He felt like the world was spinning around him. Had the one person who he thought cared about him the most really plan on getting ride of him. Did she mean what she said. James couldn't even begin the start trying to make sense of this. He only had one thing on his mind. Anger!