Chapter 2

Btw: Hedwig is alive :)

3rd person:

It was finally the morning of the journey back to Hogwarts, and if the house wasn't busy generally, it
definitely was now. There were suitcases allocated around the house, footsteps continuously thumping on the stairs, owls screeching, voices shouting, and only four of them were returning.

Harry hauled his trunk down the wooden staircase, causing it to crash annoyingly down every step. He placed it gently on the floor and double checked he had everything he needed while he waited for the others, and he couldn't help but notice that he was never first to get ready and couldn't stop the pride forming on his face.

Hermione came and stood beside him, her trunk by her side. Her wavy hair was tied up and a messy ponytail which Harry thought always looked nice on her.

"Exited?" She asked Harry, a smile on her face.

"Yeah actually, I am. What about you?"

"Same, but I hope we all get put in the same house, it would be weird if not." Harry hummed and nodded his head in agreement just as Ron and Ginny joined them.

Molly Weasley came up behind them with a big smile on her face.

"Alright, has everyone got everything?" She asked, looking specifically at Ron, and after a few more double checks from everyone, they apperated off to London at 10:45am, Ginny with Hermione.

As Harry pictured London Victoria with all his might, the sudden feeling of his body being pulled out of his skin indicated that it worked. It was still the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, but definitely convenient as they landed onto the platform in London with a 'pop'. When they reached the entrance to platform 9 3/4, they agreed on an order to get whisked away into the magic of the wall.

First was Ron, and as he ran, his new owl, Chip, squealed in his cage, obviously assuming he was going to collide with the wall. Next was Harry, then Hermione, Ginny then Mrs Weasley.

Harry hit the wall and felt a tingle throughout his body. His eyes squeezed shut as he felt the magic take place around him and only opened them when he heard the harmonised whistle of the Hogwarts express. Smoke swirled elegantly around him as he, the Weasley's and Hermione made their way further onto the platform.

He chuckled as Mrs Weasley pulled Ron into an embarrassing sloppy kiss and a hug. Ron's cheeks flushed red as he tried to pull away, saving himself from more embarrassment and glared at Harry and Hermione when he saw them trying to restrain themselves from giggling. After Ron finally managed to free himself from Mrs Weasleys grip, they all bid their goodbyes and made their way onto the Scarlett train at 10:57.

Their eyes peered into each carriage, looking hopefully for an empty one until they found one near the end and settled themselves in. Hermione had Crookshanks with her in his cage, which Ron was finally ok with as Scabbers; AKA:Wormtail AKA: Peter Pettigrew was long gone.

Harry sat by the window on the left, Hermione opposite him and Ron next to Hermione. They sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before their carriage door opened slowly and they all swiftly turned their heads to find Draco Malfoy standing solemnly but shyly in the doorframe. He smiled weakly at them and Harry could feel a small blush creeping up, but no one noticed, thankfully.

"Hi, um do you think I could sit in here, everywhere else is full?" He asked. They exchanged looks silently, making the situation somewhat awkward.

"Why do you think we should?" Ron spat. Hermione sighed at Ron's reply and indicated the seat next to Harry.