Chapter 2~ A painful morning

I awoke at last to the painful siren that turned out to be my alarm, I groggily threw my arm towards my bedside table, not bothering to open my eyes as I tried to locate the snooze button to no avail. I sat up in defeat, taking my phone in my grasp and turning it off, throwing my legs over the side of the bed, and waiting for my head to adjust to being awake. When i feel I'm ready to stand. I pulled myself up and off the mattress, searching blindly for the light switch since the sun hasn't risen yet, once I find it, I flick it on. Quickly regretting that when I feel a sharp pain shoot through my eyes, as they slowly adjust to the lighting. By then, I opened my closet, searching for an appropriate outfit for how I'm feeling... Tired..

After I finally finished pulling my overalls on, I grabbed my keys and backpack with essentials such as my phone, charger, etc

After I finally finished pulling my overalls on, I grabbed my keys and backpack with essentials such as my phone, charger, etc... I quickly locked my apartment and shoved my keys into my backpack and swung it over my shoulder, sprinting down the stairwell, jumping off the last few steps and landing with a slap. While exiting the building I smiled to myself, I was childish, but I mean, I'm still technically a minor, I don't even know all of the law work that went into me being able to live alone at 14. Well my parents aren't abusive or anything special, I just wanted to be independent and I only live 2 floors up from them anyway. I pulled the bike off of the bike rack and swung my leg over it and pushed off the sidewalk and began pedaling away to the cafe I'd be wasting away at for another couple hours for minimum wage.

Finally, I'd reached my destination, pushing my bike into the bike rack and opening the store, flicking on the open sign and began sanitizing the coffee machines and awaited the ornery old people who needed their coffee. First I was met with a brunette girl, that appeared around my age and ordered the most basic thing off the menu. Knowing the recipe by now I made it within 2-3 minutes, I set the coffee down in front of the teen girl, as she took a sip from the cup. A couple minutes later I heard the door swing open yet again. I lifted my eyes up from my phone and was met with a blonde maybe 30 year old man. He glared at me, noticing I was on my phone and ordered in the most monotone voice, "espresso, 2 shots." I nodded and swiftly got to work, not wanting to anger the man even more. This order took me about 5 minutes. Because of my swift pace I seared my hand on the hot espresso pouring out of the machine. But quickly hid my pained expression while I handed the espresso to the man. He gave me a quick nod before turning to his order. Right as I was about to pull out my phone again, the brunette stood up and exited the door. I sighed and quickly began picking up what was left of her drink, discarding it and headed to the back where I grabbed a damp rag and began wiping down the table.

Ring ring

The bell that bordered the doorframe rang, informing me a new customer arrived. I quickened my pace and finished quickly, heading behind the counter. I said blankly in my customer service voice,
"Hello, welcome to the beach wood café how may I help you?"
"..."
The silence was deafening, I turned my eyes to meet a very familiar pair of eyes.
...
One of the boys last night.. the boy who told the other one they should go
A wide grin appeared on my face
"Hello, again"
He began to cackle
"This is priceless- Priceless!!"
I began softly laughing too, confused
"Oh- haha!! Sorry, love let me explain."
I raised an eyebrow, expectantly
"We saw you last night right?"
I nodded in response
"After Harry saw you, he searched for you the whole night with no avail, he got back about 15 minutes ago, and I came to get him a coffee-"
I widened my eyes, thinking, confused
Why would he search for me?
The boys eyes lightened up
"Apologies, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Louis."
I nodded my head a bit
"Ava."
He smiled
"He's gonna kill me I found out your name first,- wait a minute can you wait here?"
That took me by surprise
"I kinda work here so I guess yes"
And In an instance he was out the door, without a trace besides the swinging door left behind him.

I didn't even notice the rude man had left..

Hurriedly I began cleaning the table, finishing in an instant, jogging behind the counter, not wanting to miss the attractive boy I met at the odd interaction last night.

...

God their taking forever.

I twiddled my thumbs, getting lost in thought, when the bell rung wildly, scaring me out of my thoughts. My wide eyes met where the door should be, but a tired looking wild haired boy met my eyes, with Louis behind him.

That's when my eyes met his, and I immediately knew who it was.

Harry..

I quickly made a sarcastic comment
"Someone didn't sleep well.. huh?"
The only thing he did was give the biggest grin I've ever seen, relaxing a little.
I couldn't help but smirk back
"Someone miss me?"
Louis began waving his hand in front of his eyes, breaking Harry out of his trance.
"I've been searching for you all-"
"I know." I interrupted
Harry quickly glared at Louis.
Louis let out a small plead,
"Are you TRYING to kill me, Ava?"
Harry's angered expression quickly looked deepened, "You already know her name...?"
Louis winced,
"Look at the trouble you got me in, Ava."
I giggled to myself,
"You did that to yourself bud."
Harrys eyes met mine yet again, a soft expression on his face,
"God not only is she pretty but she laughs pretty."
A pinkish glow emitted from my face as I put a hand over my eyes.
"I didn't say that out loud, did I?"
Harry winced, feeling embarrassed.
Louis began cackling yet again, finding time in between laughs to say
"I think someone needs some coffee"
I quickly began crafting one of my favorite drinks, and I always made one for myself before I left.
A Vanilla bean latte
I handed the hot cup to the boys. Sneaking them both a free cookie. And went back to my duties as the began conversing.
Occasionally hearing whispering from them. I began mopping the floor, scrubbing out the rough spots. Hearing Louis clearing his throat and yell
"AVA-"
And then muffled yelling. I cocked my head towards The two, seeing Harry's large hand covering Louis mouth, Louis glaring at me, asking to be freed
"What was he about to say that was so necessary you had to cover his mouth."
"Nothing"
Harry said, obviously lying.
"Then let him speak."
His face scrunched up in defeat, releasing Louis from his grasp.
"Thank you. NOW... Harry asked me to tell you to stop looking so pretty while mopping."
I smiled and turned my head to the pink faced Harry.
"You form crushes easily, don't you?"
"ACTUALLY-"
Louis interrupted right about Harry was going to speak
"He hasn't had a crush in about a year and a half- so think of yourself as a lucky girl!"
I bent down to meet harries face, within 2 inches of his face.
"I mean, you aren't to bad yourself."
And with that, I felt the hard beating in my chest as I planted a kiss on his cheek. And stood up quickly, avoiding them both for the last ten minutes they were there. Feeling embarrassed and full of butterflies. I heard the bell ring it's soft tune yet again. Telling me I was free from the awkwardness.

...

After a minute of considering it, I went to go clean their table so the person on the shift after me didn't have too. I grabbed the coffee and scrubbed off the table.
I wandered behind the counter, going to clean out the cup. But being met with a blue little piece of paper in the bottom. I unfold it quickly, eager to see..
the words that inked the paper
"Call me...."
Different blotted numbers covered the page.
My eyes widened
"Holy-."
I shook my head, refocusing on what else was on the paper.
"Oh... and also, I like your drawing. It dropped out of your pocket while you were mopping, I'll have to keep it ;)"
My eyes widened, covering my face and dropping the paper
"How could this day get worse.... or better...? Oh god I don't know..."