CHAPTER 10: Back In The Game

Hello! So here's the update! I'm sorry there's still no action or kill counts just yet. Character development has an important role to this story—basically every story needs to undergo character development, right? LOL! BUT NO WORRIES! In just a couple of chapters left, the next kill's gonna roll in!

Also, I decide to make a 'character aesthetic' for the cast since I noticed it was kinda like a new thing here in wattpad (I was on hiatus for 3-4 years. That equates to how much I missed a lot of things here LOL! A potato like me has to hibernate, you know XD.)

So, the next update? I'll post it on my message board. Feel free to leave a feedback and a tap on that shiny, star icon; it'll mean a lot to me :D <3 ^_^

Enjoy reading, and have a safe day, y'all! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 10: Back In The Game

~~~~~~~~~~

October 15, 2018

The morning sun rose as early as the townsfolk woke from their heavy, peaceful snoozing. The sky turned up for the usual cerulean shade. The chirping coming from the songbirds woke Amanda up with the light of a new morning shining its way through the bedroom window.

She fluttered her eyes open, adjusted her pair of dark irises from the sunlight, and stared upon the harmonious view of the morn.

She rose up from the soft bed carefully and took her time to study the bedroom: it had a sea-blue tint among the walls and tiled floors. Across her was a single, cream-shaded door that leads to a closet. Beside the door was an occupied spot with ample space; a shelf, standing roughly five feet tall, was filled with DVD records and reading materials that were aligned in an organized manner. Beside her right, Amanda landed her eyes upon the window where the sky was shown into view.

The bedroom was a simple, small one without such a suffocating feeling to it—thanks to the neat and organized setting of the overall interior.

"I wonder what Dane is up to?" She wondered.

Amanda was currently staying with Dane in his apartment; just like how they talked about it last night. By the time they first arrived at his unit, the long, tiring feeling had finally taken its definite effect on both of them. The young cop offered his bedroom for Amanda to sleep in, and maybe because of how drained they were, she did not second-guess herself from plopping down into the warm covers before drifting into a deep slumber that she never had.

"Better see what he's doing."

She got out of the bed, a grimace barely reaching her face when the beating pain from her muscles started taking over again. The throbbing sensation was never any of the likes that she felt last night, and Amanda was otherwise thankful, considering that she felt the fluidity of her movements this time unlike before. However, that didn't change the fact that the pain was still there, and she would have to give gentle care to her movements so as to not sprain a joint or such.

She got out of the bedroom and went to the kitchenette; her eyes traveled upon the simplistic design of it. There were cabinets and cupboards aligned, forming an 'L' formation. a life-sized fridge was located just right next to the cupboards; a polished sink was also built-in within the cupboards, beside it was a dish rack completed with dining utensils.

"Oh, hey there!"

Amanda's gaze magnetized to Dane, who was by the dining table, sitting comfortably with a mug of coffee in his hand while watching television that was hung just right above the fridge.