1

Mark's pov

Love, it can be a wonderful thing. But in my case, it is a curse.

I am the reason we are all still down here on earth, I picked love when they asked me what side I wanted to be on. I stand by my decision and will always pick love.

"It has been 17 years, are you okay with this?" Tyler asked me, breaking me from my train of thoughts.

"There will be a time when we kiss and she will stay alive. There has to be." I said low but strong.

"Dude, you need to wake up. How many times can you watch her burst into flames?" He sat down next to me.

I shook my head clearing the horrible pictures of her, one second we are in each other's arms, the next she is screaming as the flames surround her. I try to protect her each time, but nothing can put the flames out.

"I know you want to break the curse, but this is what you picked." Tyler said standing up walking away from me.

"I will always pick her." I stood up glaring at him, "No matter what, she is all I want. This war is bull shit, there will always be good vs evil. But there will never be another her."

"Yeah there will be. Just wait another 17 years. She will find you again and you will be forced to watch her find out who you are, and once she goes in for that kiss, she will be in flames." He shook his head at me then left out to the hallway.

This time will be different, it has to be.

17 years has passed since I have seen her, she is always different, different name, different face, but her soul is the same. As soon as I will see her, I will know that it is her. My heart may not be able to beat anymore, but I will know that it is her.

"Come on Romeo." Ethan said, opening my door, "Class starts soon."

"We knew Romeo, remember we were down the street from him." I said picking my bookbag up from the floor.

"Yeah, but he would find it funny."

I shook my head then followed him down the hallway to our class. Every year this is all the same, we make up lies for the humans and try not to fall asleep in class. Most of us were at the events that we are learning about, it is interesting to hear how the teacher lies about the events. Most of the time there is always something different.

"So, this is the year." Pam said, nugging me.

"Thanks for the reminder." I mumbled.

"Oh, come on. I wonder what she will look like this time, or what her name is!" She was jumping up smiling.

"Relax Pam, she is here. I can feel her soul."

I looked around the hallway but we were alone.

"She might be downstairs signing in, I wonder why she has been sent here?"

"It is a private school, her parents probably saw the brochure and sent her."

"Smart ass."

"That's me. Go to class, I will be there late."

"Go find her." She laughed as she rushed down the hallway.

I walked down the steps heading to the main front doors, there are a few new students who have had the joy of being enrolled here.

There was a lump in my throat when the brown hair brown eyed girl looked over my way.

It is her.

I hid behind the pillar as she was being told the roles.

"We will take your bags to make sure that there is nothing illegal in them." The dean of this place said to them, He is the only human here and he has no idea of it. Well she is human as well, but she doesn't count. She was once an angel like me, until the curse.