Prologue

The Queen, many years before, had been unable to bear child and wished and wished and wished for a child, even if they were to be a girl and therefore unable to take the throne. One day a witch appeared offering the Queen her one desire in exchange for something. The princesses' mother, who was desperate, had agreed but the witch ensured for there to be twelve daughters exactly for her twelve sons. The Queen was allowed to wait until her twelfth child to be born to complete the deal. However, she had other ideas and refused to give the witch what she wanted. The witch in a rage cursed the Queen to die and when all of the princesses were of age they were forced to dance with the twelve princes every full moon until morning. The witch, hoping that soon they would all be wed and her eldest son would become heir to the throne, did not want the princesses to tell anyone so she cursed them to silence on the subject. It had angered the witch incredibly when the King found out and blocked the entrance to her land, all because of Faris Arnoldman, the soldier who had followed the princesses and then told the King of their secret, it enraged her especially when he married the eldest daughter. 

And so, time passed and the witch could only think of one thing:

Revenge.