~Chapter Three~

TAM'S POV

Tam looked out on the murky grey waters of the Flowe Kingdom, resting his forearms on the rough windowsill. His plan to add more Floarians to his ranks was working, the shadow magic having already reached the city of Floare. Throngs of the Flower-People had been seen evacuating the city. Why was everyone so apposed to joining his rebellion? All he wanted was for the realms to be free. Or was it? Umber had planted the idea in his head so long ago... was it really what he believed now? 

It had seemed worth it at the time, enough so that he went through being booted out as an Elder. Now... now that he saw it from another point of view.. was it really all worth it? He had lost everything down to his name. Sighing, Tam ran a hand through his messy bangs, turning away from the windowsill. Walking down the dark wood hall, Tam observed the Flowe Monsters below the glass floor. He was at one of the rebellions' many hideouts, since this one was by far his favorite. Not many shared his opinion, so it was mostly empty. Reaching out, he touched the presence that had been hanging at the back of his mind for awhile. He knew who was on the other end, and so did they. 

"Go AWAY you stupid monster!"

He grimaced at the loud voice in his head, "I've been trying to tell you-"

"Go AWAY."

He sighed, pushing their mind away. One failed attempt after another. He continued walking down the corridor. His plan was falling in place. 

ECLIPSE'S POV

Today they were leaving Floare, and Eclipse could tell it was for the best. The Floarians had enough going on with the dying sickness creeping around their home. Three of the Flower-People had already died, having unsuspectingly gone into an infected area, those of which were spreading like lightning. Stuffing silk clothes into her bag, Eclipse glanced into the future. She saw Ao, now big enough for a Sky Child to ride, but not much after that. (But they wouldn't ride her. Ao would not like that) Pondering, Eclipse knew they would officially be the Elders once they reached the Sky Kingdoms once more, in charge of a whole realm. Hopefully the Vault was calm enough. Eclipse relaxed just thinking of the quiet library, with it's calming blues and grays. She felt bad for Sunny, who had to sort out the Dark Dragons as well as learn their language. 

Stepping outside of her room, Eclipse switched her vision out of the future. Floare was empty now, only the Elders were left. Eclipse noticed that the black had spread even more in the short time she had been packing, with only one patch of green that she could see. Gliding down, she saw Rayem preparing a portal. In no time, all the Elders were there, and they jumped into the portal. 

Eclipse was surrounded by swirling whiteness, a loud rushing background noise in her ears. Suddenly, the portal shook, parts of it glitching into black pockets of shadow. A large shape zoomed past Eclipse's ear, and the portal shot the Elders out into a vast ocean. Eclipse's ears popped like a gunshot from the pressure, indicating that they were under an indefinite amount of water, with no air. She started swimming upwards, towards where small bubbles were floating. Her head started to feel fuzzy and disconnected for lack of oxygen, and the edges of her vision dimmed. She was going to die here, drowned wherever they were, before she could even be an Elder officially! Her realm would dissolve into chaos.... Suddenly, something grabbed her. The last of the air bubbled out of her mouth, and everything closed into black.

Eclipse woke gasping on a wood floor. She sat up and spit a stream of water out of her mouth. The arc of water splashed onto the person lying nearest her, Sunny. Her eyes popped open, and on reflex, she backhanded Eclipse across the face.