Chapter 3

Relationship, there beautiful but not beautiful when your the third wheel. Ever since Megan and Miguel started dating is been annoying. He's there when were watching click-flicks, doing your nails, getting ready, goin shopping, at our sleepovers. I can't really talk to my best friend anymore, she's mostly with Miguel. A I jealous of him? Yes, I am I need my girl but I don't got a girl BestFriend right now. Love can make you think your partner is the single important thing right now when it really isn't. The saying love in blinding, that's very true.

I got my board, and went for a quick cruise. My dads not here yet so he wouldn't care right ? I'm guessing. Cursing on the streets like nothing, I'm good at this. I love how it clears my head out of all these problems I'm having. There gots one thing I need, I need a friend. The next thing I know, is I have a bike speed up right next me. I look over, and it's Reese. He pointed to the curve of the street, I'm guessing he wanted to talk. Stopping at the curve, Reese hugged me ' I haven't hugged you in the longest, I've missed you Mary' he said, he's missed me ? ' well, that's what you get when you miss a whole week of school. ' he looks at me ' that whole week, the only thing I was thinking about was you ' I smiled ' that's nice, right ? ' I laughed ' I guess ' , ' so about that date. Lets do it right now ? ' he asked me out on a date right now, thinking my dad will kill me if he sees me with him or anywhere near him. ' umm, sure ' I said. We went riding to a hot dog stand. ' these are he best hot dogs around. ' I tell the lady, 'Well, if you say so. The dogs are on the house ' she said, ' oh thank you ' I said, sitting n a bench eating the hot dogs, great conversation. We were walking for a little, and then we saw on of those cartoon draws that stand n the streets for money. We stand down, and the lovey man was drawing us ' She's very beautiful! Is this your girlfriend ? ' I turned red, and Reese laughed. ' Soon to be, it's our first date.' , the man smiles. ' I've been wanting to ask her out, for a while now. Since the 9th grade, I guess you can say it was love at first sight for me. I haven't stopped trying to impress her. ' I looked at him, into his brown eyes and he smiled. ' really ? ' I asked, ' yes really, Mary ' he said. I felt this amazing feeling in my stomach, it was a great feeling. He finally finished the drawing us. ' oh it's on the house Reese. ' ,' thanks Ralph ' he says. We walk away, Reese outs his arm around me . ' who do you guys know each other ? ' , ' he's my uncle. .' . ' wow, first date and I already meet one of your family members' he laughs, ' well, your that special to me ' .

We road back home. ' thank you for an amazing first date Reese, goodnight. ' I said. Trying to go inside. ' Mary, here keep the painting as a reminder of our first date, and the hotdog wrapper ' I laughed ' the hotdog wrapper ? ' he laughed , ' yeah, it's important ' , ' ill hang it up right next to the painting.' I said. I look into his eyes, and he look into my eyes. I smiled, I hugged him goodbye. He gave me a kiss on the cheek. ' ill see you later Mary ' I waved bye, waiting till he leaves to go inside my house. Walking up to the first step , I hide the painting and the hot dog wrapper behind the plants . I enter my house, rolling hm board down the hall but I hear it stop. I turn around, and is my dad and he's drunk. ' I saw you so the Bueno boy ! ', ' he's just a friend. ' he lights ' just a friend! Friends don't kiss. ' he yelled. ' what's the whole big deal dad! ' I yell. ' what's the big deal. Your sister died because of that boys brother.' , ' Dad! They both died A the same exact time. They shot him first then Jasmine. He tried to protect her, he did it for love dad' he was getting mad, ' Im not listening to that bull shit the witness said. I don't want you ever to see him again' , ' well to bad because I am' I tried walking away, he pushed me to the walk. ' what did you say? ', ' Im going to see him again dad' I yell. He hits me, and grabs my neck ' your not going to see him again alright Mary ! Do you understand? ' I nod my head, ' good girl' he kisses my forehead.

I run into my room, slamming the door and locking it. Slowing falling down on the floor, covering my face , while I'm crying. I can't believe he hit me, but more I interesting its crazy how he doesn't want me to see Reese no more. Like Reese didn't do nothing it was the criminals who killed my sister and Reese's brother. I don't know what to do, what to say. I'm confused just as I don't know what to do. Follow my heart or follow my fathers way ? I look at the time, and it's 7:39 pm. I decided to go to bed, changing into my pjs and snuggle with my pillow.

The phone kept ringing, vibrating, and what not. I wake up for a little noticing my phone has 20+ messages. I check and there all from Megan, saying ' come hang with me and Miguel ' I through my phone on the floor. I hate how other people can have a happy ending, but I can't. Everybodies Cinderella and I'm the step- sister.