CHAPTER FIVE

VEXATIONCHAPTER FIVE❝IT'S OKAY TO BE ANGRY, BUT IT'S NEVER OKAY TO BE CRUEL

VEXATION
CHAPTER FIVE
IT'S OKAY TO BE ANGRY, BUT IT'S NEVER OKAY TO BE CRUEL.

A loud ringing echoed around my room seemingly getting louder I groan softly and sit up a dull ache in my right thigh then suddenly it all comes back to me in flashes Liam had become a monster and attacked me.

why wasn't I more angry about it? most importantly, how did I get to my bed? last thing I remember is seeing an incredibly beautiful girl run off screaming for help, I pulled the duvet off flinging it to the side carelessly a white bandage was covering the area Liam had wounded me in. it was still so surreal I thought it was a nightmare.

the clock hanging above my bed read 7:30am which meant that I would actually get to school on time but miss the bus hopefully Calum stuck around a little longer than usual, pulling on a pair of pants took the longest l was trying not move the sore leg around too much, I knew that I was going to have to deal with constant questions about the limp.

after collecting my belongings I take my time walking to the kitchen the bitter smell of coffee still lingered in the air, "you slept in today." Calum acknowledges checking his watch, it had a leather band purchased by yours truly for his 40th birthday. a big milestone for somebody he's age, it was an ongoing joke between us.

"yea sorry, do you think you could give me a lift to school?" he nods curtly and picks up the keys to his silver range rover, Calum and Callie both come from wealthy families which meant they were both financially stable and could spend there cash on whatever they wanted, needed or desired. most of the time I have to convince them to calm down a little when they take me to splurge.

I limp over to the car and climb inside slowly wincing under my breath, "what did you do to your leg?" Calum asked visibly worried about me. I smile weakly and shrug nonchalantly trying to play it off as if the injury was something minor "fell over last night landed pretty roughly."

"you got home pretty late last night, a handsome young man dropped you off said his name was Stiles told us you fell asleep in he's car."

"oh yea! Stiles took Liam and I to get something to eat and we lost track of time, it left me pretty exhausted." the lies I tell will one day catch up to me.

Calum drops the situation and focuses on the road ahead of us, his shoulders were tense and he's eyebrows were permanently furrowed. "are you okay? is something going down at work?"

my dad was a well known criminal defence lawyer, most of the cases that he receives rarely goes to trial and they normally get off with parole or community service. it made me respect him a lot more.

I like to think of him as a local hero, "I just got a new case but it's nothing to serious."

he parks the car and unlocks the doors "see you tonight, I love you." walking into school on any other day would be completely normal but today it felt as if everyone's eyes were on me, watching every move I make.