CHAPTER ONE

VEXATIONCHAPTER ONE ❝IF I TREATED YOU, THE WAY YOU TREATED ME

VEXATION
CHAPTER ONE
IF I TREATED YOU, THE WAY YOU TREATED ME. YOU WOULD HATE ME.

♡ ♡ ♡

Going into high school everyone had there own expectations, some were falsely advertised in all of those rom coms and coming of age movies. in all of those movies everyone randomly breaks into song and they're all kind.

how wrong all of it was.

Olivia Beckett wasn't a nerd or a girly girl, she's sporty and loves to get down and dirty in a game of Lacrosse or Soccer it often pushed other people away. she can do a lot of things but ignoring the whispers and stares of people was almost impossible.

"you don't look happy - at all." her best friend, Liam Dunbar cracks a joke and slams her locker shut narrowly missing the tip of Olivia's nose. "Jesus Christ! warn me next time!" she exclaims stumbling backwards.

they recover and walk side by side usually they would be talking or gossiping about something but it was there very last day in Devenford Prep, a small issue had occurred between a crowbar and coach's car.

spoiler alert, Liam Dunbar was holding that crowbar.

after hearing about the incident Olivia was quick to choose his side, they had been friends for years and everyone knows about he's anger issues, not to the full extent and she'd never betray his trust and expose it.

"hey ginger oh and Dunbar." she inhales sharply already feeling herself angry.

Brett Talbot was a nuisance and a grade A pain in the ass, he was captain of the lacrosse team and it made him extremely cocky. although, no one had any idea why he decided to target this particular duo - it started so suddenly.

"get the hell out of my way, Talbot." Olivia was getting extremely annoyed with his constant remarks towards her hair.

she stepped around him pulling Liam along by his hand, she was a year older and the closest thing he has to a sister or any sibling for that matter. they were both an only child and there parents are close friends from high school - the duo were destined to meet.

people watched as Brett and his clique of neanderthals followed them out onto the field, he wouldn't stop until he got a reaction from at least one of them.

"oh come on sweetheart just talk to me." misogynistic pigs.

Jake takes Olivia's wrist and tugs her backwards roughly licking his lips his eyes taking her in as if she was piece of meat dangling in front of him, "don't touch her." Liam warns angrily.

it was honestly sad how often guys objectified her.

"if he doesn't let me go, i'll turn him into my little bitch." the guys break into laughter as if it was some sort of entertainment, she stomps on his foot and elbows him in the throat. he gasps for air and falls over.

the laughter immediately ceases.

"does anyone else wanna and touch me again?" Olivia smiles sweetly and picks up her lacrosse stick tempted to smack Brett with it. "then get the hell out of here, boys."

Liam breaks into laughter watching as five extremely tall and well built teenage boys practically run away and all because of his 5'5 pissed off best friend, although, he's been on the wrong side of her anger multiple times so he understands it. if it was him he'd run away too.

"are you scared too?" Olivia questions picking up a ball and throwing it into the net looking back over her shoulder afterwards.

"i'm extremely nervous but not scared." he replies way too quickly for her liking.

"don't lie to me, it's okay. it's me your bestfriend." Liam may be different from all the other guys at Devenford Prep but in some ways he was exactly the same, he refused to be honest about his emotions.

"everything will be better at Beacon Hills, I can feel it."