one

D A O X I ' S P O V

I was not quite sure which was swirling. Is it my vision, or is there an earthquake that is trying to ruin my wedding reception? Well, I did hope that it was the latter.

Everything had gone too fast. Our families orchestrated everything instantly.

I suddenly woke up, and everyone was trying to fit me into a wedding dress that I never got to see before the wedding day. And then suddenly, about an hour ago, I was already walking in the aisle.

Just like Mr. Ong said, a month was too long, so they moved the wedding a week after the prediction.

In just a week, my single days were over, and around my finger was a ring that symbolized my forever relationship with a man that I never talked with.

I must have run out of luck because, in the sea of fish, I fished for my supposed brother-in-law.

It was only a week, but my sister made sure that I'd feel a century of pain because of my decision to get married to her boyfriend. Oh, ex-boyfriend.

"Congratulations on your wedding." I found myself standing in front of the table of someone I knew.

I had no idea who they were going to invite. I didn't have a lot of friends, either. I have two, and luckily one was invited.

Kwon Daisy.

The eldest princess of the Kwon's family. Next to her was his cousin's wife, Kwon Sandara.

Behind my calm personality, I befriended this unique princess, who is totally opposite of my character.

"Ah, no." I sat on one of the empty chairs. I massaged my forehead as I denied the warm greeting.

Daisy laughed. "Why is the bride unhappy?"

"This marriage is complicated. It's hard to celebrate." I confessed. I couldn't stay at the party for too long. This was not my style.

"Your sister must be fuming." Daisy said after she sipped on her wine glass. Her eyes were fixed behind me. I had a few ideas about who she was eyeing. Was it Xai or Seungcheol?

"The guests were really surprised. They weren't expecting me." Then, I sighed. I could still catch a few eyes that were judging me. They were thinking that I played a dirty trick.

I didn't understand why they had to invite a lot of people to the wedding. We should have kept it private. Everything was a waste of money. It's not like we were in love with each other.

"I mean, who would not? Junhui dated Xai for ten years, and now he's here marrying her sister." Daisy hit it just where it hurt.

I bit my lip. I was embarrassed, but I owe no one the explanation why I was the one who was exchanging vows with Jun.

"Why did you not refuse, Daoxi?" Sandara asked curiously.

"Like, I can say no to my parents." I sighed again. If only everyone knew how complicated my situation in this family.

"Little do you know, she's been secretly in love with Junhui since they were teens." Daisy revealed.

My eyes almost popped out. It was a secret. It was something that I wanted to bury forever. I didn't want the news that I secretly admired Junhui while he was chasing my sister to be unfolded around the world.

It sounded so wrong.

"No. I'm not." I denied. I didn't want Xai to think that I said yes because of my personal agendas.