Chapter 5

Getting the cart fueled up for the final trip of the day, he knows that it's been rather hectic for him and Red Son. He's been working with him for a week or two now. It's been fun, what with him literally flaring up and nearly picking fights with the ruder of customers. It's given the entire store a reputation, yes, but on the bright side, you'll never have cold food if you order from Pigsy's Noodles! It doesn't take MK long to get to work again, and it doesn't take him long to get put right on deliveries. Of course, Red Son is going to be coming along too for practice sake today. In fact, he already has the noodles loaded onto the noodle cart and is already in the passenger seat. MK simply gets into the driver's seat and begins the journey to the workers down by a destroyed building. Clearing all that rubble is a hard job and with Pigsy offering a discount for the workers helping with that stuff and Pigsy's good food he's become the go-to for food in recent weeks. Of course, as they drive around, the city goes from a bustling metropolis to the aftermath of a warzone. Smoke, some fires, and construction workers finding dead bodies or torn limbs in the rubble. It's hell for anyone working there. And now, there are some of Pigsy's noodles to make it better. Red Son covers his face more, not wanting to be seen by the damage since he's partially responsible what with building the entire army his father used to destroy the city. The workers see the cart and already they're waving. It doesn't take long for the noodles to be distributed and the noodles to be paid for and a tip for being 5 minutes early to be given to them. Red Son simply stares at the barren wasteland that he and his family have created. What does it matter if they rule everything if there's no one to rule over? No one to admire their greatness? Is it really even "greatness" when victory is going to look something like this? Would victory be worth anything then? Surely it would be, right? Right? All he's ever done in his life should be worth it... right? Red Son is pulled out of thought when MK taps him on his shoulder.

"Hey, I know this place looks terrible... and everything that happened is terrible... but it isn't your fault. You didn't ask for this to happen. No one asked for this to happen. And plus, you're looking to be better."

"But I-"

Part of him wanted to tell the truth, but Red Son knew better than to do that. It would ruin his plan to gather as much information on them as possible to crush them thoroughly. But, that same part of him doesn't want that either. He does his best to repress that part, tuning it out and trying to let it die. Though, MK takes that silence differently.

"But nothing. We're off now, right? Let's go clock out and then chill out! I know this really good section of the mall that's the best for anyone to hang at! You'll love it!"

"Alright..."

In truth, Red Son was curious about the "mall". He knows it's where teens meet up and talk allegiance and strategy to take down enemies and rise among the rest as the true rulers of their social class through their small group of commanders and naturally good looks, but he doesn't know why such activities would be useful, let alone fun. As they drive back into the comforts of society, Red Son only thinks of his family and all they've done more and more. But, then thoughts of MK swell up. He believes in him with every inch of his being, but why? Red Son knows the first time they met he tried to murder him, so why give Red Son the time of day?

"Alright, we're here."

Red Son looks at the large structure, he can already tell that it's a labyrinth to any that merely step foot in its domain. No wonder those that frequent it seem to be the leaders of their class. Navigating this takes strategy and planning... it must be a test of strength and intelligence for these mortals. But, it will be no match for the great Red Son-

-------------------------

Within less than 5 minutes, Red Son has already lost any hope of leaving the maze of halls, stores, and crowds on his own. His only hope is MK, who has led him to who knows where.