Nightmares...

"Aphmau," Aaron gently shook me awake.

     "What do you want, Baby?" I grumbled.

     "I've been having nightmares..." He sat up, rubbing his eyes.

     I looked over at him, my eyes gentle, "Why is that?"

     "Zane... He needs to leave. Since he's gotten here I've had nightmares about him hurting you and the girls," He exhaled.

     "He isn't going to hurt anyone," I remarked. He smiled, hoping I wouldn't see the pain remaining in his eyes. I kissed his cheek.

     "I believe you," He glanced down. I climbed up into his lap.

     "Listen, I love you. We're all gonna be ok. He's not going to be able to get out. I promise. You are amazing. Nothing is going to happen to your family. Our family," I lightly trailed my fingers through his hair. He took a deep breath. 

     "Ok, you're right. I love you too. We should go to sleep," He gently slid me off of his lap. I nodded and he kissed me. 

     "Good night, My Love," I smiled.

     "Good night," He lied back down.

~~~~~

     "Good morning." I was awoken by a small kiss on the forehead.

     "Good morning," I replied.

     "How did you sleep?" Aaron smiled.

     "I slept great- Well, other than being woken up in the middle of the night," I teased. 

     "Sorry." He winked. I kissed his cheek and got out of bed. 

     "Honestly, I am still kinda tired." I let out a long yawn.

     "I know. I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "I'm gonna start making breakfast for all of us."

     "Thank you." I ran my fingers through his hair.

     "You're welcome, Babe." He smiled and walked into the kitchen. I smiled and got dressed. Then I brushed my hair a bit. If I brushed it too much I'd brush out my curls. I finished doing my hair and getting ready. I walked downstairs and saw Aaron putting plates in front of Alina and Lilith. 

     "Good morning, girls." I kissed both of them on a forehead.

     "Good morning, Mommy!" Alina and Lilith both said at the same time. I smiled.

     "How are you two?" I walked over and sat down.

     "Good!" Lilith exclaimed.

     "Me too!" Alina nodded.

     "That's good." I said as Aaron put a plate in front of me. "Thank you, Babe." I kissed his cheek.

     "Of course." He sat down with me. We ate and talked a bit. 

      I love my family. Nothing could ever take these people away from me.