Chapter 24

Jefferson's POV

I liked kissing Alex. He was small, and malleable, and his lips were so incredibly soft, and he makes these little noises -

"What the fuck?" I heard a man with a French accent say, and broke off the kiss.

Lafayette, with a grocery bag in his hand, looked at the two of us, and started laughing. 
"Madison, come in! They're kissing!"
Then James came in, and I felt a blush creeping up my face. Hamilton was fully red, and I was sure I was showing some purple as well. 

"They were, in fact, kissing," James said, observing Alex closely. "I see a blush, and swollen lips-"
"Stop overanalysing, James!" Laf said, poking him. "Now give me my 20 dollars."
"Did you bet on us?" Alex screeched, and Laf laughed. 
"No, dumbass. He owes me for the snacks he bought you."

Laf set down the bag and I opened it, finding (insert American snacks) here. 
"Thanks, Mads," I said, taking out a few. 
"I paid for it!" Laf told us indignantly, and sat down on the bed. "So what's going on, mon ami?"
"Whatever do you mean, Laf?" Alex asked innocently, batting his eyelashes. 
"After the couple's costume, it was obvious," Madison chimed in. 
"It wasn't a couple's costume!" Alex and I said, in sync. 
"Look, they're already the same person!" Laf sighed. "Soon we'll call them Thomaxander Jamilton." (A/N - this is a test to see if you've read as many shitty soulmate jamilton fanfics as I have)

"Shut up."
"No, you!" (A/N - roll credits!)

I laughed, and then was reminded of something. "What about John? And nationals?"
"We need to practice," Alex mumbled through a mouthful of food. "It needs to be better than today."
"You had an anxiety attack, you're not going anywhere," I informed him, and Alex pouted. "Maximum to the coffee shop, but no yelling for you today."
"That's Hercules' job, you know," Laf remarked, his mouth also full of food. "Mommy-ing Alex."
"I'm not parenting him, that's gross," I said. "I'm simply trying to do the best I can to restrain him from doing something dumb and getting sick."
"I agree," Madison said, taking small bites. "Doctors say people who suffer from anxiety attacks-"
"Shut up," Laf interrupted, elbowing him. 
"So when will you tell Hercules you like him?" Alex said, still chewing. I swear, he eats like he's running out of time. 
Laf turned red. "I do not like Hercules."
"I found you two making out at Halloween."
"We need to make someone else the designated sober friend," Laf grumbled. "Fine, he knows, he just wants to wait until he graduates to pursue anything with me - something about grades. You Americans are weird."
"Laf, you've been in America for ten years now."
"And I still do not understand you."

We chuckled as the door opened once more, and John walked in. When he saw Alex and I sitting close together, his expression morphed into an unreadable one.
"Johnny!" Laf said. "Alex and Thomas were kissing when we walked in."
I sighed. Laf could not read the room. 
"Were they now?" John said. "Jefferson, my words still stand."
"What words?" Alex piped in, finally not chewing. 
"Nothing," I hastily replied. 

There's no need for Alex to know that his best friend might murder me if I make him sad. 

A/N - Second last chapter - still sad. Next one will be Nationals, and maybe an epilogue?? idk. Plus I think I'll upload this to ao3 as well, I love the fanfics on that site so much!!
Keep reading, commenting, voting and sharing!!