The Vampire Lestat

Lestat:

                     I sat in the court yard of Maharet's home. As I waited for my maker, Marius, to leave her council meeting I caught a mouth watering scent on the breeze. I put down my violin and followed the scent to a near by window, a woman, in her early twenties sat by the open window. I instantly recognised her as Jessica Reeves, Maharet's human kin, because of her thick red hair and piercing eyes that mirrored Maharet's. As the wind blew her scent to me I found it irresistible to stay away. I stood in the shadows of her room and watched as she read a book, Wuthering Heights. A fan of the classics. I found myself thinking of what she would be like as a vampire, how much more beautiful with the flawless skin and heart breaking grace. Then I felt myself snap back to reality as Marius walked into the court yard.

                     "Where were you?" He asked, annoyed. "Nowhere of consiquence." I said dismissevly but eyed Jessica's window. "Leave Jessica alone, Lestat. Maharet would have your head if you even thought of courting her." He told me, knowing I woudn't just court her. "Of course." I said as we left Maharet's home. Marius and I were staying not far from Maharet in a hotel in downtown Las Vegas. "I'm thirsty. I'm going to grab someone to eat." I told Marius out of boredom. "Be careful. Maharet wants her home here to be permanent." Marius warned me for the third time. I didn't respond and flitted to the busy streets. I scanned the streets and was surprised when I saw Jessica wandering the streets but I knew Maharet wouldn't let her out without an escort. I was right. Shadowing Jessica was Thierry Descouedres, a French man that joined Maharet's clan in the early 1800's.

                    I smirked at Maharet's attempt to keep me away from her Jessica because I only saw this as a challenge. "Hello Descouedres." I said, appearing in front of him and blocking his view of Jessica. "Leave Lestat. You have no business here." He ordered but I was older and stronger than him. "I do now." I told him. It took only a single well aimed blow to knock Descouedres out and I left him in a near alley. I approached Jessica as she walked further and further from downtown, away from the crowds of people. Did't the lamb know she was safer in a herd? "Jessica Reeves? Maharet's niece?" I asked and she turned around. "Yes, do I know you?" She asked, startled a bit. "No but I saw you at Maharet's home and I wanted to introduce myself, I'm a close friend of your aunt's." I lied smoothly and kissed her hand. I felt her pulse quicken when my lips brushed her skin and I couldn't hide a smirk. "And you are...?" She trailed off. "How rude of me. I am Lestat de Lioncourt." I told her in my thick accent.

                   "It's very nice to meet you Lestat but I must be going." She said, politely excusing herself. "Actually you don't." I told her. Jessica was surprised when I locked my hand on her wrist but I brought my hand gently to the face and forced her to look into my eyes. "You are going to stay right here and do exactly as I tell you to." I compelled. "Lift your hair from your neck." I instructed when the compulsion took hold. Jessica brushed her hair from her neck and I stalked closer slowly. I cupped my hand on the other side of her neck and lowered my lips to her delicate light blue veins. Jessica gasped slightly when my fangs pierced her skin but she stood motionless. When I was finished I healed her wounds and kissed where my fangs once were lightly. "Forget you ever met me tonight." I instructed, then disappeared from sight.