Promise

"Say... Tomioka-san, when all of these chaos is over, what do you plan to do?" Shinobu asked as the emotionless water pillar turned his head to face her.

"...To tell you the truth, I never actually thought of it much... because I think I will not make it out alive... what about you, Kochou?"

Shinobu shrugged her shoulders as she smiled at him.

"To be honest, I don't know either but... don't you think that when all these is over, our lives won't ever be the same? We've been fighting demons for almost our entire lives and when they are all gone,it feels a little weird..."

Shinobu was trying to avoid answering for she knows...

She won't make it out alive because she was planning to sacrifice herself

"How about...when those creatures vanish forever from existence..."

Giyuu said as he held her hand gently,firmly gripping it.

"We get married to each other?"

The atmosphere turned awkward as no one really spoke but their hands still connected.

"Ha... never mind, forget about what I said, Kochou." He removed his grip and was starting to walk away as Shinobu's bangs were covering her wisteria-coloured eyes.

She wanted to cry, she wanted to answer but no words came out when she tried to open her mouth.

Her heart was pounding loudly as she felt a rush of adrenaline.

All of a sudden,she had an urge, a force inside her telling her to... grab him before it becomes too late.

She held onto his haori as she hid her face on his back.

Giyuu froze on the spot as he felt her behind his back.

He felt his back getting wet and he realised that she was crying.

"K...Kochou, are you...alright?"

He turned around to face her as he tried to loosen her grip on him. She looked at him, her wisteria eyes looking into his cerulean ones.

They were so mesmerised by each others' eyes. Shinobu's tears started to fall again as she saw the sadness and pain in his eyes.

Giyuu was shocked but slowly recollected himself.

His emotionless face replaces with a small smile as he raised his thumb to wipe away her tears.

"You stupid salmon daikon lover, I haven't told you my answer and yet you just walked away..." She mumbled as she grabbed his hand.

"I'm saying yes to that... Giyuu-san!" Giyuu felt his face heating up.

He smiled as he picked her up and twirled her around before engulfing her into a deep embrace.

"That is a promise right, Kochou?"

"Yeah! It sure is!" Shinobu thought to herself...

Maybe...just maybe,I won't let myself get eaten up by that demon. Nee-san and Kanao wants me to live... perhaps... I should do so...

Time skip

"Caww! Caww! Dead! Kochou Shinobu is dead! She died after a confrontation with upper moon 2!"

Giyuu wanted to skin that demon alive and cut him into a billion pieces.

However, he knows he could not lose his cool and concentration.

He felt numb as his guts felt heavy. A burn of rage that boils inside yet a wave of sadness crashing in, he felt his heart beating faster as his temperature gets higher. He created a new form, avenging his loved ones especially his butterfly...

"Breath of water, twelfth form, curse of the water butterfly!"

"I'm sorry I broke my promise,Giyuu-san but if we could meet in another life-time,where there are no demons or anything that will prevent us from meeting each other again,I will fulfill that promise...I'm sorry...I love you..."

((There...I tried...I'm sorry if it ain't meeting your expectations))
(((Just a theory of mine...
Am I the only one who was wondering why on earth is Shinobu carrying water with painkillers everywhere she goes and it suddenly hit me when i finish the manga that it could be because the poison was causing her pain so in order to soothe it, she brings painkillers with water everywhere she goes... I'm just saying... anyone have other thoughts? Leave it in the comments!!!)))
I might take a very looooong break from wattpad after this chapter because of...well...school stuff.
Thanks for reading!!!