✷𝟸

POV Emily Prentiss

ㅤㅤI was in London when Hotch called and ask me to re-join for some time to the BAU. It's been... what? Six months without seeing them? I really miss the team, my team. And how could I ever say no to them? Yes, I have my life here, friends, a steady job and an amazing boyfriend but I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't give everything up for my real family. I know that two new agents have joined: Dr. Tara Lewis, who I had the chance to meet the last time I worked a case with the BAU and this girl.

ㅤㅤAgent Dakota Kane.

ㅤㅤI think I'll never forget that name and how relieved I was for her six years ago. I never met her, but I know she could have been on my place in the Ian Doyle operation. And thank God she wasn't. I never knew what really happened, but she ended up with the office work of the operation. And thank God it was me in her place, who could at least manage Ian a little bit, because I couldn't live with the idea of this girl, who was 26 at the time, giving her life for a profile. I was older and had no close relatives. I had nothing to lose.

ㅤㅤAnd I honestly never knew if she had someone or not.

ㅤㅤAnd I honestly never understood why I had that instinct to protect that girl who I didn't know anything about. And why I looked desperately for her when Doyle came back and never found her to give her a warning. Probably she was undercover at that time or in witness protection.

ㅤㅤAnyway, I was looking forward to meeting the girl who, I'm pretty sure, remembers me as well.