Chapter 7

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and I will die upon it."

 "Oh, shut up. We have only been hiking for fifteen minutes."

They had finally reached the top of the hill. Martha was taking a route Ember had never even tried to go. There was pointy rocks everywhere and they stabbed Ember a couple of times. 

Ember looked at the view, then at Thayne. A wave of guilt washed over her. This was the place she had ran away from him. And that was the last thing she wanted to do. She really loved that guy. Even though She didn't realize it.

She turned and looked at the ledge where they had sat. She could remember vividly what had happened. She shook her head in pity. 

Martha then stopped, "Why don't we stop for the night. The tunnel goes really deep." 

 everyone nodded in agreement and found some soft ground to lay down on. In a wink they fell asleep.

***

Ember turned again. She just could not to go sleep! She sat up in defeat. THen, she looked at the spooky entrance. she gulped and started to walk towards it.

The reasonable side of her was eating her insides. She didn't give in. the reasonable side was screaming at her, don't do it! You need to wait for Martha! Who knows how deep that thing can go?!

But she didn't listen. Her foot went into the tunnel. It was done. There was no turning back now. Pretty soon she was engulfed by darkness.

***

Another tear slipped out of her eye. She was lost! And she had no idea where she had come from. 

She sniffed once again and looked at the walls. They were covered with rainbow gems. They were sparkling and magical. 

But that only distracted her for a split second. Pretty soon she was going to have to look for water. Maybe a chicken had fell in the cave and got lost too—?I

She suddenly had the feeling that she had to barf. She couldn't eat a chicken! A live one! Where would she even cook it?! Would she eat it raw?!

 Ember searched her backpack once again. Trying to see if she had left any granola bars, and hadn't consumed them. 

she had no luck. The only thing that was left was a handful of wrappers. She Then found the rock and began to sit on it again.

She crossed her legs and began to think of an explanation of her friend's found her. What would she say? Would Martha get mad? 

She startled and then screamed. Something was touching her. She could feel it. She put her hand on it quickly then threw it away. 

She then began to run towards the wall of the little room. She moaned and didn't even care to look at the thing that touched her. Was it a spider? She hated spiders!

"Don't be scared, Ember," a voice said with a little humor, "it is just me, Blueo." 

The adrenaline was still rushing inside her. How did it know Blueo's name?! Slowly—ready to curl up into a ball again at any moment—she turned her head to look at "Blueo."

She looked up and then suddenly relaxed. It was Blueo! With her legs wobbling, she stood up and pulled Blueo into a hug. 

Then they broke apart, "How did you get here? How did you know where to find me?"

Blueo scratched his head, "Now that I think about it—I really have no idea. The last thing I remember is talking to Faith, then falling asleep." 

Ember still had a face of shock. It really was him! Her friend! "Well, could you at least try and help me get out. It was kinda spooky doing it alone."

Blueo smiled as bright as the sun, "Of course!" he then squinted, "Uhm, why don't we go ..." he then unsurely looked for a random tunnel, "that way!"

 Ember then strolled to the tunnel, "Okay, let's go!"

 ***

 "EEK! SPIDERWEB! IN MY FACE! HELP, BLUEO!" Ember reached up to her face and tried to wipe it off. 

But she was so distracted by the spider web that she slipped into a hole and landed face first. 

Blueo put his hands over his mouth, "Ember are you okay?!" He then hopped down to join her, but landed safely in his feet.

Ember had her eyes wide open, "Blueo, look at this!" 

Blueo turned and then they were both looking at it.

it was beautiful. He couldn't quite make sure of what color it was, it was just beautiful. It was quite mesmerizing. He then started walking towards it in awe. He shook his head and stopped.

Ember kept on walking, "Its so pretty. I just want to touch it ..." Ember walked even closer.

"It wouldn't be wise to do so, Ember." said Blueo. "It looks like a portal of somewhat ..."

Ember was only inches away. Blueo's eyes opened and he lunged to get her and pull her away from the portal. It could be dangerous. Like a portal to the underworld.

But he then landed flat on the ground. He looked up. Ember had touched it. She had gone through. 

Blueo tensed up. He had no choice but to follow her.

He breathed in deeply. Goodbye to this world, this timeline.

he stepped into it, slowly getting sucked into it.

in a second he was gone.

HI, this is me, the author. this was a short chapter but the next one will be long. the good part  will officially start! (Hey, that rhymed!) ❤❤