s e v e n t e e n

"hey, auggie. i kinda miss you." said sky out of nowhere, made the jet black haired girl flinched in shock as she is so engrossed enjoying the cold night breezes caressing her soft skin, outside sky's house.

sky then take a sit beside august on the bench, also enjoying the view of the dazzling stars and clear night sky above them.

"tch, why though?" asked august, legs swinging back and forth as her legs are not reaching the ground.

sky shrugged. "i don't know? just because. i didn't go to school for weeks, i missed being with you and lix. i may go to school next week, probably wearing contact lenses."

august then cheered, clapping her hands like a little kid. "cool! can't wait. i miss you too, sky. honestly, is it okay if i call you sky? the whole situation got me confused, i don't even know what to call you and chris. and have you ever thought about the age gap? man, i'm cackling."

sky chuckled and ruffled the girl's hair. "anything you wanna call me, buttercup. um, can i ask you something? might be intruding your personals but i really gotta ask you this."

"sure! go ahead."

"so.. you and lix.. is there something going on between you two?" august snorted, feeling funny hearing sky's question.

"what? no! we are just best friends. what makes you suddenly came up with such assumptions?"

"maybe because lix always keep a scrunchie on his wrist and be ready whenever you tell him to tie your hair up." sky explained, looking innocent as ever.

"i never told him to. he did it himself. he is such a fluffy boy! he is cute, he is caring, he has a warm heart and gives the best hugs! but no matter what i would never see him as somebody other than my brother, yet i genuinely love him very much." they both went silent after august explained it all. maybe they got nothing to say anymore about the topic. well, it's such an awkward thing to talk about.

but then, august's hand randomly made its way to touch sky's flower pendant. she touched it so softly, but when she tried to move it, she can't. "eh, why can't i move it?"

sky giggled, then he grabbed her hand away from his collarbone but keep it inside his hand instead. "silly. chan embedded the clear stone into the middle of my collarbone! the necklace is just a cover up so people don't question about it as it looks like a pendant."

"oh. i see. so.. what do you wanna do tonight?"

sky smiled, tighten the grip of the girl's hand in his. "world domination, i suppose."

hearing sky's response, august giggled softly. "well, that sounds a little ambitious."

"well, yeah. because auggie, you're my world."

"aw that's funny- what?" sky bursted out a big laugh as he saw the girl cute reaction.

"oh my god, have you ever thought about how bad you made my heart shaking? you're my heart shaker, auggie."

"ew! why are you like this!" the two then laughed together like there is nothing for them to be worried about. but little did they know, someone is eavesdropping from behind.